How did you find the lounge?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Matt Deckard, Jul 20, 2005.

1. JC

JC New in Town

When I bought my first Fedora, I looked for sites to look up care for it. I always kept this place in mind and I finally joined up during the spring! 8)

2. zombi

zombi A-List Customer

A gal on a long hair forum I go to gave me this link because I had posted of my interest in vintage hair styles. I assume she is a member but I'm not sure! She hasn't revealed herself!

3. HAT PEOPLE

HAT PEOPLE Vendor

We came to the Lounge because many of its wonderful members were discussing our hats! So we joined in the fun! And I must say, they discuss hats with great attention to finer points that other people miss!

4. martinsantos

martinsantos Practically Family

By the link in the comments area in one youtube video of Red Nichols. Became curious, visited and...

5. bluestone120

bluestone120 One of the Regulars

I think it was either a search for vintage clothes or vintage hairstyles...

6. Suppoko

Suppoko New in Town

I found this great site because I was looking to step into the world of hats without my sports team logo on it. I have only been here a couple days and have already learned so much including the fact I have so much more to learn. Thanks FL you guys are great

7. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

I don't think I posted in this thread before, but I vaguely remember encountering the Fedora Lounge back in early 2009. I was just warming up to the idea of wearing hats, as I had been reading medical studies regarding skin cancer, sunburns, and so on. As strange as it seems, I found a quote from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly to be particularly inspiring, "They say people with fair skin can't take too much," (Tuco). Now, mind you, I happen to have fair skin and blond hair... I've watched that movie quite a lot over the years, and seeing the desert scene where "Blondie," or "The Good" treks through the sands, trying to keep up with the treacherous bandit while becoming dehydrated made me feel a hat (and plenty of water of course) was absolutely functional under hot conditions. Last summer, my vacation to Hawaii with the family only reinforced this notion for me. I had a bad sunburn, I was hatless most of the time, and the baseball cap didn't cut it as far as ear protection was concerned either. This is what led to my interest in the medical studies related to skin cancer, which in turn made me seek out hat styles. I found the fedora particularly appealing due to a number of associations I have held towards it (stylish gentlemen of the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s, the rugged adventurer, such as Indiana Jones, and Mafia gangsters) and there you have it. Somehow, it came up during a Google or Yahoo search, and I found the Lounge. I have since then, yet before my registration, been a semi-frequent forum lurker.

8. Welcome, Suppoko!

9. Kahuna

Kahuna One of the Regulars

I was curious about the Clifton's Cafeteria in downtown LA, did a Google search and ended up here.

10. TJC

TJC New in Town

I was searching for quality leather coats and found the lounge while researching Aero leather. This place is great!

11. Michaelson

Michaelson One Too Many

I came at MK's request when he left COW as webmaster and first started this site. I was the first moderator of the Golden Era section, but left due to not having enough time to devote to taking care of the section due to other obligations.

Regards! Michaelson

12. Machine Ager

Machine Ager Familiar Face

I was doing a google search on Golden Era, and Machine Age... So glad I found FL!

13. caeman

caeman New in Town

How did I find this site?

I did a Google search for advice on making a larger hat fit my medium head. The hat was a gift, so returning it is not an option. Seems like a nice place, I think I will stick around for a bit.

14. Blackthorn

Blackthorn I'll Lock Up

I wanted a Bogart style of hat and googled "fedora." The rest is history.

15. Blackthorn

Blackthorn I'll Lock Up

Hey, are you Caedmon, of PWA fame? Whistlers?

16. Old Rogue

Old Rogue Practically Family

I was googling "expedition shirts" a couple of nights ago and found the Lounge. Think I'll be here a while.

17. TheBeak

TheBeak One of the Regulars

internet search, looking for a hat forum.

I learn more form forums like and tutorial you tube videos than anywhere else!

18. 150719541

150719541 One Too Many

Long time I have been buying hats, some day, I search something information about a San Remo Borsalino hat and goggle show me the line: The fedora lounge, since that day, I have spend a nice time in.

19. CopperNY

CopperNY A-List Customer

was Googling for tweed caps and guayaberas...the rest is history.

20. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I've already discussed how I found the lounge, but I just wanted to say how thrilled I am that I found it. The number one thing I look forward to when I get home from work is getting on the lounge to see what the big discussion is with such wonderful like-minded people!