Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do folks react to your hat wearing?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
@Rmccamey I have to say, you look wonderful in a bowler. Your side profile, you look like you and that hat were made for each other.

@GHT Reading your posts across the Lounge, your wife sounds like a charming woman and delightful companion. I wish her a speedy recovery and you both good health.

Thank you, sir. Bowlers are indeed a favorite of mine.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Wearing a dark Royal Stetson homburg today, a woman at the hardware store mentioned that I looked "very dapper today".
20200102_090949.jpg

My wife and I travelled to Seattle for a 3 day stay just to get out of the house. We saw only one other hat wearer on the streets but I have never received so many positive comments from folks that passed us on the sidewalk. "Great hat, man!" - "luv your hats" - "Great hat, where did you buy it?" were the orders of the day. Twice it opened up conversations. One fellow gave us a guided tour of the Pike Place Market showing us all his favourite food spots.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Wearing a dark Royal Stetson homburg today, a woman at the hardware store mentioned that I looked "very dapper today".
View attachment 468322
That is really a magnificent Homburg, The colour compliments the hat to great effect.

Just an update on Tina. Her problem is arthritis, probably hereditary, painful none the less. She will be having a course of osteopathy to see if that can help:

An osteopath will release muscle tension around the affected joint, improve the range of movement and encourage better joint health by promoting blood and lymph flow to and from the area. This will reduce pain and inflammation whilst also increasing flexibility.

Yesterday I joined the scrummage known as: "Christmas shopping." Every year I buy Tina her favourite fragrances and a few surprise gifts too. I can't give too much away because I know that she will probably be reading this, won't you dear?

My hat got some great remarks but the shoes that I wore, got just as many. The best being a tease: "Will those shoes ever come back into fashion?" A young fellow teased. "Would you wear them?" I replied. "Oh yes," he said, "and if I could find a similar hat, I would wear that too." "Google fedora," I suggested. His lady scribbled it down.

Mentioning Tina earlier, she thought that the hat and blazer stripes were a colour match, I agree, I rather like it and judging by yesterday's comments, so do others.
Cream hat striped blazer 002.JPG NFMG Run & blue shoes 002.JPG

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Looking dapper yourself, sir. Your coordinated outfits are always a pleasure to see. I hope Tina can find some relief as well. I have only the occasional, mild arthritis and it is no fun.

That is really a magnificent Homburg, The colour compliments the hat to great effect.

Just an update on Tina. Her problem is arthritis, probably hereditary, painful none the less. She will be having a course of osteopathy to see if that can help:

An osteopath will release muscle tension around the affected joint, improve the range of movement and encourage better joint health by promoting blood and lymph flow to and from the area. This will reduce pain and inflammation whilst also increasing flexibility.

Yesterday I joined the scrummage known as: "Christmas shopping." Every year I buy Tina her favourite fragrances and a few surprise gifts too. I can't give too much away because I know that she will probably be reading this, won't you dear?

My hat got some great remarks but the shoes that I wore, got just as many. The best being a tease: "Will those shoes ever come back into fashion?" A young fellow teased. "Would you wear them?" I replied. "Oh yes," he said, "and if I could find a similar hat, I would wear that too." "Google fedora," I suggested. His lady scribbled it down.

Mentioning Tina earlier, she thought that the hat and blazer stripes were a colour match, I agree, I rather like it and judging by yesterday's comments, so do others.
View attachment 471777 View attachment 471780

Edward

Bartender

View attachment 471777 View attachment 471780

Colin Johnson shoes? I picked up a pair of his penny loafers a few years ago on your endorsement, and have been very well pleased with them.

M Brown

A-List Customer
A couple of weeks back a guy called out to me across the parking lot at the grocery store, "That's a good looking hat!"

I called back, "Thanks! It's a Stetson !".

That day I was wearing my Natural , Royal Deluxe Open Road, brims down. If I could only keep on hat, that would be the one.

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
This past weekend, I was checking out at Aldi (wearing my Major Moore Buckaroo western) and the young man said, "I really like your hat, but I don't think I'd have the confidence to wear it." I told him, "It's easier than you'd think. But then again, at my age, I don't care what others think about it."

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This past weekend, I was checking out at Aldi (wearing my Major Moore Buckaroo western) and the young man said, "I really like your hat, but I don't think I'd have the confidence to wear it." I told him, "It's easier than you'd think. But then again, at my age, I don't care what others think about it."
You are right about age, when you have been around the block a few times you don't even think about what others might say, let alone care.

Age though, can have it's drawbacks, I really must get a hearing test done. My neighbour told me that I wear my hat with aplomb. I smiled and thanked him, but I didn't realise that he said aplomb, not until he complimented the shoes too. Then the penny dropped as they say. Good job I just smiled and said thank you. What a fool I would have been thinking my neighbour said, that I wear my hat with a plum.

Snowman

Practically Family
Today at the pharmacy the gentleman behind the counter, who was probably close to thirty years my junior, but clearly possessing an appreciation for a tidy appearance, commented that I looked sharp today, especially my hat (I was wearing a black Fed IV). He said he liked to dress as I was when he went out, but it made his wife mad because she felt she had to dress up to accompany him. I told him every well dressed man needs a good hat.

Got onto an elevator with two older gentleman… one of whom was wearing a fairly worn at the pinch modern Panama… the other notices my Croydon and says.. ”Look at that Hat!” The gentleman with the Panama says…. “heck of a lot nicer than mine” doffing his hat and crumpling the pinch. Before I could say anything in response… The first one then says to me…. “Are you carrying a gun and a holster under there… pulling up his shirt tale a bit and point to my waist.…. Just As the elevator door opened and we all went our separate ways.

E186FD9D-4B0A-4372-9828-BD31EA1B524C.jpeg
B31C95B5-DC2D-4CB3-8FB6-A039D8A2F7B3.jpeg

Got onto an elevator with two older gentleman… one of whom was wearing a fairly worn at the pinch modern Panama… the other notices my Croydon and says.. ”Look at that Hat!” The gentleman with the Panama says…. “heck of a lot nicer than mine” doffing his hat and crumpling the pinch. Before I could say anything in response… The first one then says to me…. “Are you carrying a gun and a holster under there… pulling up his shirt tale a bit and point to my waist.…. Just As the elevator door opened and we all went our separate ways.

View attachment 485893 View attachment 485894

Well, were you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko