Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Do You Wear Your Hat?

How Do You Wear Your Hat?

• Total voters

Michaelshane

One Too Many
I put it on my head then move it around on my head throughout the day.I hate to wear it in the same position.I don't wear a hat for people to see,I wear a hat because I like to wear a hat.If I were the only person on earth I would wear a hat,and a damn nice one....

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
.I don't wear a hat for people to see,I wear a hat because I like to wear a hat.If I were the only person on earth I would wear a hat,and a damn nice one....

That's where I differ from many other hat-wearers. For me, fedoras are strictly a style item, which I cop to be stylish. In the absence of people I wouldn't wear a fedora, or other fashions for that matter. In a Twilight Zone-like world where I was alone, I would revert instantly to functionality. No fancy shoes, coats, neckties, suits, hats or anything--just the necessary. So it's really for their effect on other people that I like to wear hats. Well, amend that--functionality for a little warmth, shade and sun protection. But I could get that with other headwear too.

Usually I am straight and level but I will with certain hats give it a slight tug down on the right side.

Another favorite hat wearer was George Reeves as Clark Kent in the TV series of Superman snappy dresser!

1961MJS

Hi

I've always had my hat down over my eyes. I've had a Civil War era Slouch hat for about 15-20 years. I started tilting to the left. Tilted because Hatman Jack said to, and to the left because I shoot right eyed. I don't shoot Cowboy Action Pistol (yet), but I figured I had to use SOMETHING to pick which eye.

Later

Big_e

Practically Family
My hat always ends up tilted back on my head. The only time I consciously tilt my hat forward is if it is windy.
Ernest

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Tilted just a bit to the left

35iq26p.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Depends on the hat. My stingys I usually wear tilted back "rude boy" style. Wider brims I usually wear straight and level with the exception of my Resistol Open Road clone, which I wear tilted to the left (and with a Hollywood brim).

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I'd say it depends on mood, hat, weather conditions - you name it. Sometimes I wear it tilted to the back, sometimes to the front. Almost always a bit to the right. Rarely ever straight and level.

Wind matters, of course. To quote Mr. Zimmerman: "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows!" ;)

1961MJS

Hi

I wear my hat tilted and it is "broken" so that the front of the brim snaps up or down. On a Hollywood brim, is the snap to the side or is it just shaped that way? I'm considering getting a Gray Stetson Temple with a hollywood brim.

Thanks

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Hi

I wear my hat tilted and it is "broken" so that the front of the brim snaps up or down. On a Hollywood brim, is the snap to the side or is it just shaped that way? I'm considering getting a Gray Stetson Temple with a hollywood brim.

Thanks

It is just shaped that way. Some hats take to it better than others though. I have no idea why that is.

Have a look at this thread if you have not already. There are a lot of great examples there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran