Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Hi all

A young fellow at the car wash today wearing a stingy brim modern. His comment to me " Awsome hat dude"!
I politely tip my Charvet fedora and smiled.
Best regards
CCJ

wgiceman

One of the Regulars
I was out and about earlier today and saw 4 guys in fedoras, plus a couple of more wearing the cheaper wal-mart canvas variety. I saw another gentleman having breakfast with his family who was wearing a black fedora. I complimented him on how well it looked on him. He, in turn, said that he really liked the vintage stetson that I was wearing. I think he appreciated someone noticing how good he looked in his hat. I was surprised to see so many in one general vicinity. Starting to see more guys wearing the fedoras.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Didn't expect to see any since I stayed home but was surprised to see the podium finishers of the US Grand Prix in Austin, Tx each presented with a special Stetson. They'll need a trip to the cleaner though:

628x471.jpg

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Didn't expect to see any since I stayed home but was surprised to see the podium finishers of the US Grand Prix in Austin, Tx each presented with a special Stetson. They'll need a trip to the cleaner though:

628x471.jpg

I noticed all the stetson up and down the pit lane and the grand stands. If half of them were new Stetson profits took a leap.

DNO

One Too Many
Only two today: one hipster stingy and one wider brimmed wool felt. My wife looked at the wool felt one and then looked at mine. She commented "your's is nicer". Ah...no kidding! Mine was a sovereign quality Stetson!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Two fine fedoras today.

After completeing my coaching duties (USA Gymnastics JO athletes), my guitar buddy and I played some pre-war acoustic blues at a local haunt. We played hard in our Stetson Whippets, (gray with gray ribbon and my chocolate w/darker ribbon). I being the hat afficianto and sourced each of us a 40-50's Stetson Whippet model for our times together. My buddy makes a living as an acoustic blues musican. He finds it to his benefit to adjust his attire to the expectations of his appreciative audiences. When we play together, we play in dress slacks, dress shoes, dress shirts, ties and fedoras. Our jackets are hung neatly on the back of our chairs. Many of the fine artists that we cover their musical works dressed and traveled in the finest clothes that their riches could afford. Folks like Big Bill Broonzy, Blind Boy Fuller, Robert Johnson (all 3 who use the name), Morton, Leadbetter, Charley Patton, Barbeque Bob, Robert Wilkens, Tampa Red, Curly Weaver, and many others all wore their finest during their jobs. Thier finest included fedoras. It was the fashion of the time and they followed "suit." As per my buddy's wishes, we adopt the same job uniform.

Yes, 2 fine vintage Whippets I saw today. I also heard and played some mighty fine pre-war acoustic blues music.

Country Blues rules! Eric -

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Saw a hat rack full of stingy's here when picking up a couple of suits. They have a couple shelves of hat boxes, I of course asked if there were any hats in them and the owners son answered with everything you see on the racks is what they have. I think I am going to have to stop back in when the owner is there and see if he has anything hidden. His place if FULL of NOS, he is selling vintage suits for $25, so if you're ever in the area.

photo40.jpg

photo39.jpg

JonnyO

A-List Customer
I would love to be near that store 25 dollar suits are hard to pass up
No doubt about that, I'm lucky they're only a 15 minute drive from my house. They have a wall of shoes, multiple displays of dress shirts, ties, etc all from the 50s through the 70s I would venture. You name it, they have it. They have been in business since 1948, wouldn't be suprised if he still has original stock stashed away in that place somewhere.

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Yesterday, I saw three proper felt fedoras at our downtown mall at lunch time. Of course, I saw a bunch of fashion department store varieties as well.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yesterday, near the State Department and GWU at Foggy Bottom, I saw a guy in a trench coat and beard with a high-crown, fairly wide-brim fedora that looked new and not vintage. I was impressed that the guy bought a new hat or custom-ordered one, rather than go for the easy eBay souvenir.

Monday was a fedora bonanza at Logan airport in Boston... Including my VS, there were four properly broad brimmed hats near gates B32-33 (three of which were on my flight)! However, the most amazing scene (I wanted take his photo SO badly) was a more elderly gentleman at another gate sporting a collection of three or four ON HIS HEAD, headed somewhere for the holiday with his "select" rotation. Gotta love it!!

Then, today in Chicago in the area of Manny's Deli, I must have spotted three more. That's not even counting my tourist stop at Optimo. What a week, so far!

Monday was a fedora bonanza at Logan airport in Boston... Including my VS, there were four properly broad brimmed hats near gates B32-33 (three of which were on my flight)! However, the most amazing scene (I wanted take his photo SO badly) was a more elderly gentleman at another gate sporting a collection of three or four ON HIS HEAD, headed somewhere for the holiday with his "select" rotation. Gotta love it!!

Then, today in Chicago in the area of Manny's Deli, I must have spotted three more. That's not even counting my tourist stop at Optimo. What a week, so far!

This is great- Let the fedora fever begin.
Best regards
CCJ

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
I was at an out door Jazz Concert in the afternoon...a bit chilly, but very nice...They served wine, coffee and tea to keep the crowd warm...I saw 3 fur-felt fedoras....one was a pork-pie and the other two were tall crowns and around 2 1/2" brims, with the brim turned down all the way around...one had an Open Road look.

I also saw 2 Dept.Store Stingies...I was surprised that these were worn by older gents and looked fine...I was wearing my 2" Navy Blue Borsalino with a Diamond Crease...

So that makes 4 fur-felts and 2 Fabric Fedoras....Not to mention maybe a dozen Ascot type caps and a couple berets...All-in-all a hat friendly crowd...maybe Jazz Concerts attract hat wearers...:)

I spotted 2 modern fedoras on a couple young ladies this afternoon.. I actually tipped my vintage Dodds at one of them and I received a big smile.

Wear on.

Best regards
CCJ

I spotted 3 modern stingy brims while out in AC for dinner last night.

Today I was wearing my beige Cav and a Lady complimented me at the local diner. Her companion was wearing a baseball cap(backwards of coarse). I just smiled an tipped my fedora at her.
Best regards
CCJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred