Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

One Too Many
DSC_7754_zpse16af44e.jpg

Today in swim meet Mr. Norihico Kawai wearing a stingy ¡¡¡

Two tonight. Myself and an old buddy of mine.

He was wearing a homburg that he steam ironed the brim, to give the hat a nice fedora look. I think I will try the process.

I am really starting to like a wide brim. I only have one, its 3in brim and I fine myself wearing it all the time.. LOL Its Gray. I think I wll look for a Black and a Taupe with wide brim and I will be smiling from brim to brim.

Best regards
CCJ

Saw one while out to lunch wearing my Aero 50s Half Belt & VS Pecan Wanderer. A gentleman in the burger joint was sporting an A-2 style jacket & a Indy style Stetson, not vintage. We just nodded to one another...

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Just got back from town, doing some last minute grocery shopping so hopefully I won't have to go back out again until after Christmas. I was in a hat mood, so I wore my vintage gray "Five-Star Quality" Wormser, and was on lookout for any other fedoras in the crowd. Very disappointing indeed. I saw no less than three "Outback" style hats., and one plastic trilby, but not a fedora in sight except my own. There was an older black lady I spied with sort of a black bowler with leopard print band and brim edging. But that's about it. Of course there were baseball caps galore. Sad.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Saw a gentleman this evening out in an OR; I was wearing a Stetson, too, so we compared hats as we passed. I couldn't figure the vintage of his hat, but I've learned enough here to recognize that style and the TAR on the hat! That was it, though, in the main Kansas City shopping district, packed with people on a Saturday night. Such a shame!

Aaron

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
I guess since it actually started getting cold the hats are coming out. I saw 6 guys at Kroger today with fur felt fedoras, 2 younger guys with cloth stingies, and a whole bunch of flat caps. There were also baseball caps and westerns but I don't waste my time counting those.

mando

New in Town
Saw a gentleman this evening out in an OR; I was wearing a Stetson, too, so we compared hats as we passed. I couldn't figure the vintage of his hat, but I've learned enough here to recognize that style and the TAR on the hat! That was it, though, in the main Kansas City shopping district, packed with people on a Saturday night. Such a shame!

Aaron
Hello Aaron, What is TAR? [huh]

One Too Many
Matt: your point of view is really true, my family and me had decided wear a fedora this day, my father is 92 years old and during maybe 70 years always has been well suited with a good hat ¡¡¡

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters