Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

spotted 2 today.

1- wide brim
1- western

starting to see lots of caps, not baseball, more on the order of newsboy caps. I kind of like that look.
I think a nice shawl collar cardigan and a newsboy cap is in my future dress attire.
Best regards
CCJ

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
While taking a lunch time walk at the adjoining mall to my work building yesterday, I spotted an older gentleman wearing a beautiful felt hat. Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to take a look at details, but it was a beauty.

This is a rarity in my city, so I was quite excited. My mate couldn't figure out what all the excitement was about when I began to point out the hat.

fashion frank

One Too Many
A Ton Today

I saw a ton but they weren't on anyone's head :)

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DSCN1542_zps3cd35eae.jpg

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Well, I live close to a huge Amish settlement here I live in Illinois so they come into the Home Depot where I work everyday. Some of their hats are actual "fedoras" and aren't bad looking. I'm thinking of picking one up (fur felt) for my collection. I see a lot of Tilleys and a lot of cheap wool or straw hats too but other than the Amish, true classic style fedoras are few and far between. I'm known as Terry "The Hat" at work and have that name on my apron and business card so that people remember who i am. I actually wear a Tilley most of the time while working because of the ease of washing. This time of year when it's cooler inside and the humidity is down I'll wear one of my newer model fedoras to show off a little. I always get lots of comments.

Last edited:
An interesting hat day. At the grocery store, I saw 2 wool hats, (an outback and a fedora style) 1 Stetson western, and a little old lady with a spiffy red wool fedora and red overcoat. I was wearing my Adam Waco.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
walked to the post office downtown, so a walk of say 6 blocks on our 'mall". Saw a couple of men, with each having a lady walking beside them, a group of four and the men wore fedoras, stingy brims, fur felt it looks like, center dent. a man walking near them had on a plaid trillby. Saw a Tilley and a western hat as well. Temps were about 63, partly cloudy, around noonish.

DNO

One Too Many
Went to the St. Lawrence antique market yesterday. Two nice porkpies, a couple of decent stingy brims, a couple of wider brimmed fur felts and a grey homburg. Hats aplenty.

barrowjh

One Too Many
I see one or two every day in downtown Knoxville, but I believe most of them are wool. We have a 'Mast' store near the 'old city' part of Knoxville (tourist attraction) and this store is an attempt to copy an old-fashioned general store. In winter they have a robust stock of fedora styles in several colors and sizes, but everything is wool, and most of the hats I see appear to be tourists that had hit the Mast store.

Bugguy

Practically Family
Three seen in five minutes, plus me... I work in a large, conservative hospital in Cincinnati and in five minutes I spotted our CFO, Chief Counsel and one of my managers in fedoras. I'm a newbie and have been pretty tentative about wearing my hat. I have no reservations anymore. BTW, it was 9 degrees F this morning.

Later my data guy, a 30-something, was admiring my vintage Dobbs. We now have a guys afternoon planned with Gus at Batsakes.

Three seen in five minutes, plus me... I work in a large, conservative hospital in Cincinnati and in five minutes I spotted our CFO, Chief Counsel and one of my managers in fedoras. I'm a newbie and have been pretty tentative about wearing my hat. I have no reservations anymore. BTW, it was 9 degrees F this morning.

Later my data guy, a 30-something, was admiring my vintage Dobbs. We now have a guys afternoon planned with Gus at Batsakes.

I spotted one today... bugguy, good story, enjoy
ccj

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I actually saw one while driving down the highway today. There was a little pickup in front of me and I could barely see that the man in front of me had some sort of hat on. There are lots of cowboy hats in this area but this was definitely not a cowboy hat. I intentionally sped up to pass the man out of curiosity and he was wearing a very nice looking front pinch fedora with a mid-width ribbon in a very nice whisky color. It looked quite nice and definitely did not look like a wooly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany