Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The nicest Capeskin jacket in existence.

qA9pTvShBz5GpKpH8kn83nGM5ATd91k_kkTrRLzfMOg0EZAdCLvn7rMVaqm9PValVg_RZZmUShu_bvcUT6QdgJNKWA_1mOHPrNnVicJt-RkWylPDzEa5G7dbTjhcwaKi3Bl6tUfqi0UdzqU4JYjQCRbSGx7Be9tMx4oNSrXh4GeEFDlJll9-9L_XA2ki8eUTVilmjQkLcTaALtihF3bbi39-Oq46pNcSb11L8tg7jtvd1JaW2Hak0PmEla2oK7rqjtfh35-HZ7Huh8LsbH1AbpEG6ld99iOMFzeSRU4WiVqVC8xWvMl3qSGnNuiALymuSBKuLjcqcWSlG3pY6lOGv-rHtJXNQ9hpZkQX3Y9SwvSZjMm78A9WFIkwcXCkKBYPRQpdWZ07jNCNXqSxCiQBrE8xnAPU6K3r3ScldR_U3D370LBwTv9HVaehofiDzXOpS2mGokOznka0ztuoFpK8y7N5xr8-lUSwLjpC-CwEeWLjE74H-MrVkkMA6vVJYV5FsJ0NXn76pyRMpIJJ5b2Ce_t_wX8kVtA_6QKSe08YiEDdgdqkVkm3cqJ8OahiO38sfIP2jcpQOkpyNhEs7CbYRTiW1UrAa698J7YiZ2qOZxqA82YxwThrt6CmjmVK798tlrspVg21N6ODKDxV5LYPlaThlC_7k2NwM6On5MqvxNcIVn7AbuGY-cRo94zEhH8J5ifuVAgMMz5u6TfUG1IIwJI_dg=w1274-h639-no
Beautiful !!!!!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
The Bootlegger arrived.
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2096.JPG
IMG_2098.JPG

First few thoughts:
Happy with fit. Happy with leather color, very nice mid-brown shade of clx.

The clx steerhide is nice but fairly lightweight compared to my dinosaur Aero steerhide jackets, it's also different in feel (much less waxy). In fact it feels about as heavy or even lighter than my old FQHH Teamster. But here's the thing: I'm actually happy about it. Those old Aeros are so heavy I rarely pick them up. This one here is much more wearable. It's very pliable and very different to all other clx I handled before. Not stiff at all. This jacket is new and already softer than my HWM after 5 years of break in.

Pocket setup is not precisely as I had imagined even though I did my very best in various e-mails to explain how I would like them to be.

Those #5 zippers Aero uses are garbage. I have worn this jacket literally once for 2 minutes as I took those pictures and I'm already annoyed to a point I'd like to have them replaced at once. The catch is so small, it's almost impossible to zip up without some serious gymnastics and at my very first attempt I have already scratched the leather in the 56456 attempts to get the job done.

However that zipper issue is the only real thing I have to complain about, overall I'm very happy with the jacket and how it fits!

Hh121

Banned
The Bootlegger arrived.
View attachment 160495 View attachment 160496 View attachment 160497

First few thoughts:
Happy with fit. Happy with leather color, very nice mid-brown shade of clx.

The clx steerhide is nice but fairly lightweight compared to my dinosaur Aero steerhide jackets, it's also different in feel (much less waxy). In fact it feels about as heavy or even lighter than my old FQHH Teamster. But here's the thing: I'm actually happy about it. Those old Aeros are so heavy I rarely pick them up. This one here is much more wearable. It's very pliable and very different to all other clx I handled before. Not stiff at all. This jacket is new and already softer than my HWM after 5 years of break in.

Pocket setup is not precisely as I had imagined even though I did my very best in various e-mails to explain how I would like them to be.

Those #5 zippers Aero uses are garbage. I have worn this jacket literally once for 2 minutes as I took those pictures and I'm already annoyed to a point I'd like to have them replaced at once. The catch is so small, it's almost impossible to zip up without some serious gymnastics and at my very first attempt I have already scratched the leather in the 56456 attempts to get the job done.

However that zipper issue is the only real thing I have to complain about, overall I'm very happy with the jacket and how it fits!

Beautiful. Did you request the heaviest hide?

Nice but I still don’t understand why you’re selling all of your beautiful leather jackets?? IMO you‘re the leather jacket man here and I wish a Bootlegger would look as good on me as it looks on you!!
I just don’t wear them. I can’t explain it myself and I know I’ll buy 100 more leather jackets I will probably sell 95 of them. Tbh on almost every occasion where I could’ve worn leather...I picked something else. I love owning them and looking at them. That’s it.

willyto

One Too Many
I just don’t wear them. I can’t explain it myself and I know I’ll buy 100 more leather jackets I will probably sell 95 of them. Tbh on almost every occasion where I could’ve worn leather...I picked something else. I love owning them and looking at them. That’s it.
That’s just so weird to read! One can understand those who always pick up the same jacket and leave the rest barely worn (Although it doesn’t make sense) but buying jackets to not wear them at all is confusing to me.

I think your next purchase should be a Thedi in Denim with leather details. You would wear that!

That’s just so weird to read! One can understand those who always pick up the same jacket and leave the rest barely worn (Although it doesn’t make sense) but buying jackets to not wear them at all is confusing to me.

I think your next purchase should be a Thedi in Denim with leather details. You would wear that!
I have every intention of wearing them and I indeed do...for about a month. Then I go to textiles. On every occasion this year when I could’ve worn the BL, I chose the pike Bros N1 instead. Inspite of the fact the BL looked 1000x better. But make no mistake. There are no less than 10 jackets in my watch list right now. In all honesty the second hand market is probably the better, more economical and wise choice for me. I love to go fishing but I rarely eat what I catch.

Hh121

Banned
I have every intention of wearing them and I indeed do...for about a month. Then I go to textiles. On every occasion this year when I could’ve worn the BL, I chose the pike Bros N1 instead. Inspite of the fact the BL looked 1000x better. But make no mistake. There are no less than 10 jackets in my watch list right now. In all honesty the second hand market is probably the better, more economical and wise choice for me. I love to go fishing but I rarely eat what I catch.

Is it simply because leather uncomfortable?

Is it simply because leather uncomfortable?
No, not at all. Some have been been but I’ll suffer for it. I did find the j-23 to be so but more b/c it was sized a bit off for me. I can’t really even explain why. The leathers undoubtedly look better. I honestly don’t have a good answer. By no means am I abandoning leather jackets. I’m just spreading my wings a bit and finding some other materials to be equally as exciting, albeit in a different way.

Hh121

Banned
No, not at all. Some have been been but I’ll suffer for it. I did find the j-23 to be so but more b/c it was sized a bit off for me. I can’t really even explain why. The leathers undoubtedly look better. I honestly don’t have a good answer. By no means am I abandoning leather jackets. I’m just spreading my wings a bit and finding some other materials to be equally as exciting, albeit in a different way.

d9d137636473a5bc660bb153f4df9fa6.jpg

miglan30

Familiar Face
I fully appreciate this .

So can I, I had a Schott I wore religiously for years, but that was years ago....it was very comfortable and broken in as a result. I have two leather jackets now and find I simply don't wear them. One I use mainly for motorcycling, but the one I bought recently for casual wear, well I usually pick something else because comfort is more important. If I replace this jacket, it will be something that doesn't wear me so to speak, something that requires no break in and is comfortable. Thick/stiff leathers look great but I find them to be a chore and I no longer have the patience or time to get them to a point where they are preferred, also I simply don't wear jackets like I use to when I roamed the streets of the city all day so they don't get that natural wear or use. Now, unless I am on a bike, it is car to office to car to store to....well you get the drift. Being a grown up sucks lol. I want to try Vicenza or lightweight HH next or maybe I will take the current jacket through a riding season and see how it goes.

Last edited:
I picked up this Classic Motorcycle Jacket— seems like the love child of a CL LAPD and LL Columbia. Apparently an employee or associate of LL left and started this company sometime in the 80s. Short lived company but good jackets. This one seems like goatskin but I welcome your thoughts.

EB77FA4B-D34C-421B-B053-A87B877F794D.jpeg A8D24DB2-F852-40B5-81FE-931C0A3D8884.jpeg D8C06FDB-3A85-4AAC-A447-B1F9D550A81D.jpeg F07507B8-7BEF-4903-8E12-B3AF8665BDD3.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
GRAIL /EXIT JACKET - Leather jacket mission accomplished! ;-)
I was searching for my exist/grail jacket which needs to be special and different to the ones I already own since this will be the last leather jacket to buy in the upcoming years (I have everything I need and would rather consider selling ones I rarely/never wear than buying a new one). It was a difficult decision since I was looking at many different brands (mainly Japanese brands but also others) and due to my personal experience I soon came to the decision that Freewheelers is the brand to go! There was basically one style I was staring at but I didn't dare to purchase it since I thought it is too "pushy" - rude black Shinki Centinela....then I was considering the vintage brown one as I thought brown is less pushy than black but soon realized that I was always staring at the rude black one ;-) As I found a Japanese online shop which also ships overseas and has also Western sizes (40, 44, etc.) I made a tough decision to sell my mechanical Breitling Blackbird 48 watch in order to afford my grail jacket (I rarely wore the Breitling since it was too large for me with its 48mm. I hope it was the right decision and I'm looking forward to the rude black Shinki FW Centinela. I'm also confident that I'm healed from TFL lounge virus /effect :) It will take a while to get the jacket but will soon post fit pics. Here are some pics from the online shop.

Attachments

• CIMG4676.jpg
    CIMG4676.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 599
  • CIMG4678.jpg
    CIMG4678.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 696
  • CIMG4679.jpg
    CIMG4679.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 704
  • CIMG4680.jpg
    CIMG4680.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 691
  • CIMG4681.jpg
    CIMG4681.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 811
  • CIMG4682.jpg
    CIMG4682.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 796

ksozay

One Too Many
GRAIL /EXIT JACKET - Leather jacket mission accomplished! ;-)
I was searching for my exist/grail jacket which needs to be special and different to the ones I already own since this will be the last leather jacket to buy in the upcoming years (I have everything I need and would rather consider selling ones I rarely/never wear than buying a new one). It was a difficult decision since I was looking at many different brands (mainly Japanese brands but also others) and due to my personal experience I soon came to the decision that Freewheelers is the brand to go! There was basically one style I was staring at but I didn't dare to purchase it since I thought it is too "pushy" - rude black Shinki Centinela....then I was considering the vintage brown one as I thought brown is less pushy than black but soon realized that I was always staring at the rude black one ;-) As I found a Japanese online shop which also ships overseas and has also Western sizes (40, 44, etc.) I made a tough decision to sell my mechanical Breitling Blackbird 48 watch in order to afford my grail jacket (I rarely wore the Breitling since it was too large for me with its 48mm. I hope it was the right decision and I'm looking forward to the rude black Shinki FW Centinela. I'm also confident that I'm healed from TFL lounge virus /effect :) It will take a while to get the jacket but will soon post fit pics. Here are some pics from the online shop.

Link/price? Been trying find one to buy for awhile now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksozay

One Too Many

Go on, enjoy binging on the weed for awhile, I get it. Make yourself feel a little sense of freedom, that you have some power of choice, I get it. But we both know, I’ll see you soon.

I’ll see you real soon.

-Meth

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Link/price? Been trying find one to buy for awhile now...

I was talking (actually e-mailing) with Watanabe-san from Genco Clothing Japan (info@genco-clothing.com) and he was really fast in responding and settling the PayPal payment (less than half a day). 8% VAT were deducted and he sent PayPal payment invoices which was very easy - he will ship the jacket tomorrow by EMS (already received the tracking number). He had 2ea size 40 in stock till today and has more rude black Shinki (size 38,40, 44), vintage Brown Shinki (size 38) and also black deerskin (size 42) in stock. Here are the links.
https://www.genco-clothing.com/item/1831002-RBK1844/
https://www.genco-clothing.com/item/1831002-RBK18/
https://www.genco-clothing.com/item/1821013-JBK18/
https://www.genco-clothing.com/item/1531006-VBR16/

Apart from that he has many more FW jackets in stock (LaBrea, etc.):
https://www.genco-clothing.com/category/24/

Overall transaction has been very smooth so far :) I hope this helps. Send him my regards in case you contact him.
Cheers, Robbie

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Joy is not found in ownership.

Textile jackets are simply easier to wear. More maneuverable. There isn't one leather jacket that breathes as well as a cotton or nylon jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner