Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was just recapping my current interests and here what it looks like:

- 1 currently ordered jacket (long term)
- 1 jacket about to be ordered
- 1 jacket in talks

Then there are the list of what I am lusting after:

- 1 for the design (buttons)
- 1 for the type (longer, maybe a trench)
- 1 for the warmth (maybe shearling)
- 1 specifically for riding (thinking about Lewis Leathers)

There are a few others as well, this is getting quite excessive... how about you guys?

I've got this one coming from Canada.
IMG_0484.JPG
Right now it's stuck between the moon and New York City. Literally hasn't moved from the NYC PO since the 7th. Weather probably a factor there?
If this weather keeps up it probably won't see any wear until next year. Temps are heading up into the 60's at the end of the week. It's totally bizarre and frankly disappointing. This is Chicago, the weather is supposed to be miserable for a good 6 more weeks, then it should be mildly shitty until June. Then. Just hot.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

Just received the Navy Board Racer from Nick which came "out of the blue"....;)
Now considering a Sheene
GoodWear Modoc pending at some stage in the next few months
My 5 year plan maybe includes an Aero Premier Work Coat

Actually writing this out makes me realise how ridiculous having this many jackets in Sydney is ..... maybe I should move :D

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Lol, if I said, probably someone would stage an intervention.

Currently watching 13 on eBay.

I want four of them, but they're more than I'd be willing to pay for, if they came down. Of those, two I would just like to see firsthand, if it were possible, the other two I would definitely like to own.

Two I might buy, depending on how high the bidding goes on it. I'm kindof torn between hoping they go for more than I want to spend, and hoping they go for low enough that I'll end up with them.

The other 7 I'm just watching to see what they eventually go for, and how long it takes for them to sell.

Then there the four new jackets that I would like to have made for me, if I only had the money...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm trying to cut back with mixed emotions. Lusting after some of the ones I sold a while back, but really trying to not buy any more. I'm such a weirdo. Every time I buy a premium jacket it just sits in the closet and I end up wearing my "beaters" instead. I'm gracefully exiting from the scene, slowly, with some exceptions. There's a hell of a lot one can buy with $700+ that isn't a jacket. At the moment I want a giant model zeppelin to hang from the ceiling. LOL

I'm trying to cut back with mixed emotions. Lusting after some of the ones I sold a while back, but really trying to not buy any more. I'm such a weirdo. Every time I buy a premium jacket it just sits in the closet and I end up wearing my "beaters" instead. I'm gracefully exiting from the scene, slowly, with some exceptions. There's a hell of a lot one can buy with $700+ that isn't a jacket. At the moment I want a giant model zeppelin to hang from the ceiling. LOL
Smaller scale but I just bought the Lego K2-SO droid to build and put on my desk at work. It was so much fun building with Legos again and my daughter isn't that into them. I might hock my whole jacket collection and just spend it all on the entire Star Wars lego world. I'm 43 years old. :oops:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I just managed to catch one on ebay, which I cannot wait to receive. Aero Barnstormer from around 1999-2001 in some crazy beautiful steerhide leather. Watch this stuff.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Aero-Leather...XUmKOcm3k1E4j3aWvrDEg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I am also still waiting for my Vanson America jacket.

Third and last, I'm trying to sell my Teamster at the moment to justify getting an Aero King of the Road.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
One new jacket coming
Just ordered a new jacket from Carrie last week.
Aero Premier 30s halfbelt with dustbowl back (just the design seams, not functioning gussets like the original dustbowl jacket)
Size 40 - P2P 21.5, Shoulder 17.5-17.75, Sleeves 25.25, Back length 24.75
Darkest shade of cordovan CXL HH
OD stitching
Nickel hardware - hookless grommet main zip, chain loop ball zip on front pocket, D ring cinches
Auld Scotland wool tartan with cotton sateen sleeves
Leather lined cuffs
Hopefully it will be ready early April :)

El Marro

I just finalized the details for my very own Langlitz Columbia a couple weeks ago and now I'm waiting (somewhat) patiently for them to make it.
I also have a type 3 denim jacket on order from Ciano Farmer. I've talked to him on the phone a couple times now and he is a real character!
Last, but not least, I am 12 months into the wait for my very own Good Wear.
Like many here, I usually find the hunt is better than the kill. I own some very nice jackets already, but I may not be satisfied until I own them all!
Great thread idea red devil!

bn1966

Going to try and cut back this year (need to keep strong). Trying to get my Vespa back on the road in the spring....this will take a few $$$$

Looking at two very different Moto jackets in 2017, one for posing & one for riding.
Ones in the post (the Brooks), the Alpine-stars (not an FL type of thing) planned for within the next two months.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=112291201612&globalID=EBAY-GB

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=272469650051&globalID=EBAY-GB

red devil

I've got one coming from Canada. Right now it's stuck between the moon and New York City. Literally hasn't moved from the NYC PO since the 7th. Weather probably a factor there?
If this weather keeps up it probably won't see any wear until next year. Temps are heading up into the 60's at the end of the week. It's totally bizarre and frankly disappointing. This is Chicago, the weather is supposed to be miserable for a good 6 more weeks, then it should be mildly shitty until June. Then. Just hot.

Hate it when that happens... hopefully it will move soon

Just received the Navy Board Racer from Nick which came "out of the blue"....;)
Now considering a Sheene
GoodWear Modoc pending at some stage in the next few months
My 5 year plan maybe includes an Aero Premier Work Coat

Actually writing this out makes me realise how ridiculous having this many jackets in Sydney is ..... maybe I should move :D

Come to London, the weather is great for jackets :D

I can relate to this, the beater jackets tend to be easier to wear - No need to think. I have still have the tendency to "protect" my freewheeler although it's totally wrong, but I am getting better :)

red devil

I just finalized the details for my very own Langlitz Columbia a couple weeks ago and now I'm waiting (somewhat) patiently for them to make it.
I also have a type 3 denim jacket on order from Ciano Farmer. I've talked to him on the phone a couple times now and he is a real character!
Last, but not least, I am 12 months into the wait for my very own Good Wear.
Like many here, I usually find the hunt is better than the kill. I own some very nice jackets already, but I may not be satisfied until I own them all!
Great thread idea red devil!

Thanks! Just thought about yesterday when I was trying to get a number for this, and forgot to mention:

- 1 for the leather (kangaroo, courtesy of the skin thread)

ProteinNerd

I'm such a weirdo. Every time I buy a premium jacket it just sits in the closet and I end up wearing my "beaters" instead.

Nick, I used to do this with other clothes, spent a fortune on nice stuff and then never wore it because it was my "good" shirt or blazer or whatever. It was then a very expensive waste of money cause it never got worn.

I can't remember where but I read somewhere the best thing is to get rid of the beater so you have to wear your good stuff. Firstly, you look better cause you are wearing nicer clothes and secondly they become more "affordable" because you actually use them and get your money's worth.

TL;DR: get rid of the beaters and wear your nice jackets.

I just managed to catch one on ebay, which I cannot wait to receive. Aero Barnstormer from around 1999-2001 in some crazy beautiful steerhide leather. Watch this stuff.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Aero-Leather-jacket-Black-Barnstormer-size-40-/132078247853?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=d8mAPUXUmKOcm3k1E4j3aWvrDEg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I am also still waiting for my Vanson America jacket.

Third and last, I'm trying to sell my Teamster at the moment to justify getting an Aero King of the Road.
Is that Connolly Steerhide!?!? You scored a deal and a half on that one!!!

Nothing! Thankfully.

And what PN says! Beaters need to go. Seriously! I'm the same, I would occasionally wear my nice jackets in a perfectly controlled environment, rarely on a bike and whenever there was any fear of bad weather or anything unexpected, beater it is. And then that crappy jacket would be getting nicer and nicer while the nice ones sat in the closet looking brand new. That's why the Schott Confedi CR became a raincoat. And it still looks new!

Also, I had that one! It's insanity of a coat.

red devil

Nick, I used to do this with other clothes, spent a fortune on nice stuff and then never wore it because it was my "good" shirt or blazer or whatever. It was then a very expensive waste of money cause it never got worn.

I can't remember where but I read somewhere the best thing is to get rid of the beater so you have to wear your good stuff. Firstly, you look better cause you are wearing nicer clothes and secondly they become more "affordable" because you actually use them and get your money's worth.

TL;DR: get rid of the beaters and wear your nice jackets.

Very good thinking!
I did something in the same lines, in the sense that I retired my beater. Couldn't sell it as i've had it for so long.
The other point though is to not select a new beater out of your new jackets either because it's the cheapest one, or the most "sturdy" one.
Guilty of this specific point and correcting it, funny how the mind works!

red devil

Nothing! Thankfully.

And what PN says! Beaters need to go. Seriously! I'm the same, I would occasionally wear my nice jackets in a perfectly controlled environment, rarely on a bike and whenever there was any fear of bad weather or anything unexpected, beater it is. And then that crappy jacket would be getting nicer and nicer while the nice ones sat in the closet looking brand new. That's why the Schott Confedi CR became a raincoat. And it still looks new!

Also, I had that one! It's insanity of a coat.

Ah yes, the rain coat! Guilty as charged!!

technovox

One Too Many
Hmmm...reading about all these other jacket orders actually makes me feel better. Nice to know I'm not the only jacket addict out there.
I just ordered a classic Langlitz-- the Cascade in the medium weight black cowhide with shoulder/elbow pads. (Since I just bought a motorcycle, I now have a semi-legitimate excuse to buy a fully functional motorcycle jacket!)

I'm also on the waiting list for a Goodwear jacket (about 1 1/2 years now)- I'm thinking a Ventura in the Shinki.

My Aero Dustbowl in the dark seal Vicenza has become my every day beater...the more wear it gets, the better it looks. It's comfortable, hits all the right fit points, and is just the right weight for this weather. After 3 Aeros, this is the one I ended up keeping and it just works.
So now I'm thinking about either a black Aero Sheene, Premier Highwayman with zips, or Aero Seven...as if I didn't have enough jackets already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB