How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Ah yes also forgot:

- Another one for the leather (deerskin, the RMC Oklahoma is a stunner, there are also other beautiful deer skins jackets posted here)

As I write them, the list keeps getting bigger!! :oops:

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I used to worry about traveling with a fancy leather, now i look forward to it. Nothing breaks in a jacket like traveling!
    Between shoving it in a ball in overhead compartments, carrying bags around, and the fact that i usually live in my jacket all day when abroad, every trip has done nothing but make my jackets look better!
    Just go for it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    A-1, AeroFan_07, navetsea and 5 others like this.
  3. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Thanks Carlos! That is exactly what I needed to hear :)

4. Monitor

Monitor

This is the worst your jacket is ever going to look:
    [​IMG]

And more you baby it, longer you'll have to wait for it to become this nice:
    [​IMG]

A-1, BobJ, navetsea and 6 others like this.
  5. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Doesn't get any more convincing then that, thanks!! :)

6. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Not leather jacket but have two denim jackets coming from Japan. A Maverick 24MJ repro and a Wrangler 11MJ repro. I know there are many very affordable true vintage Maverick on ebay but this one is blanket lined, so couldn't help myself.

A-1 likes this.
  7. Edward

Edward Bartender

We're looking to sort out a few Big Things over the next year or so, getting the flat finished, some other bits, hopefully my motorcycle, so jackets might not happen so quick for a bit.... I do need to have some new knits put on my Aero A2, though, and I have my eye on a brown halfbelt. Otherwise, in leather I'm increasinlgy keen on one of the Wested Das Boot jackets, to wear in the Spring as an alternative to a blazer (so fitting more like one, too - not as a jacket for layering sweaters under. For that, I'll eventually buy a blanket-lined Barnstormer as a Winter coat). The Wested is a nice, cheap option for a style that I've only recently warmed to and might not wear just as often as some others. With a nod to hopefully buying a motorcycle in the next year or two, a couple of the jackets I'm looking into have that in mind. A CE-armoured waxed cotton jacket, belted - a la a Barboiur International - for one. In leather, Gold Top are, they tell me, looking at adding armour to their 59 model. I have half a notion to pick up one of those if they do, and maybe even add a few patches, like one of the original rocker jackets. Longer term, I'd like to have Aero - if they are open to it - make me a J106 with pockets for armour. Part of me also has an eye out for a crazy, end of season deal on an Alpha N3B and N3A (except in the Replica Blue, so really more of the look of an N2B/A, though with the poly filling of the later model).

In reality, from that lot, I'll be pleased if I can justify the Wested and maybe the Wax cotton over the next few months.

Gorgeous looking coat. What is it?

I'm actually looking very much at the Alpinestars Oscar Rayburn gloves. Jackets aren't my bag, but those gloves look like an excellent compromise between retro look and safety features.

Which model are you looking at? I'd adore to have a Lightning, myself. I've considered the much cheaper Leather Monkeys imitation, but it doesn't 'feel' right, somehow.

Good plan! I agree, there's an instinctive thing sometimes to look after the jackets too much, but that's why I won't buy vintage originals as a rule (esepcially the really valuable stuff like an A2): living in a small flat, I just don't have the space to store anything that I can't or won't wear regularly.

I took two jackets to India in February 2013, an Aero A2 and a Wested Raiders. Ended up wearing the Raiders much more as it was better cut for the heat, but both got worn a bit. I have taken my Irvin (ELC) and B3 (LW) on work trips to Beijing, but mostly these days I'm only out there when it's just too hot for the vast majority of my leathers. Because so much of my travelling is done in warmer months now, the only leather that gets to go much is my Wested Raiders. It's not one I'm too precious about because I bought it cheap, used. I just had this thing where... Well, I really wanted an Indy, to own one, but I coulsdn't see myself wearing it all that much ,so I wanted a cheap one. I was also looking at it as a practical jacket, givne it's a great design for the heat (I sought out the goat, as it's still light but just that bit less fragile than the lambskin). Turns out it's wodnerfully practical in airports, with the interior pockets (especially the zipper one) and the big patch pockets for passports and the likes. The one trip I've been on which was cold enough for another leather was Dublin in Easter 2016; wore my Highwayman.

FWIW, when I take a leather with me on a trip, I usually only take one, and I wear it on the plane. I would wear them more often, but I need to start travelling when it's cool enough for that more often now.... ;)

8. ton312

ton312

Real McCoy's double diamond railroad coat. A repro of the original that a fellow lounger posted a few weeks back. It's actually out for delivery as we speak!

Edward and El Marro like this.
  9. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Ahem... I've only 1, repeat ONE jacket coming in. An olive green A1 with Oatmeal knits. It's supposed to have shipped, at least that's what Carrie has said. Other than that, I'm good, lest I see something on sale or used that catches my fancy, no more bespoke for me for a bit. I did finally get my extra-long, battered tan, Barnstormer into the mix this winter... Pics taken soon to be up.

Worf

A-1, Edward, El Marro and 2 others like this.
  10. Americanaaa Mark

Americanaaa Mark A-List Customer

I have a langlitz being made. Should be here next month.

Debating what to get next.

himel, real mccoy, lewis or freewheelers.

technovox, El Marro and ProteinNerd like this.
  11. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Well it's the Lightning. Not sure which colour yet. I was thinking of getting a black one with some red detailing, but I also liked a colour that they call vintage teal, which is darker than teal. So completely undecided now

12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

None. :)

ProteinNerd likes this.
  13. Peter Bowden

Peter Bowden Practically Family

ton312 likes this.
  14. Dickie Teenie

Dickie Teenie A-List Customer

I own one, yes you read that right, leather jacket and I bought it new four years ago. I'm one year into a Goodwear wait and getting a button Thedi soon.
    I've got all my bases covered with those three.

15. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

When travelling, I also usually take my jacket on the plane with me. That said, if I am travelling to a warm climate, a leather jacket is not desirable. Conversely, if I am travelling to a colder climate, rain is often possible/likely and, therefore, I prefer a jacket more suitable for rain (yes, I know that many here wear their leather in rainstorms -- I do not). Thus, a leather jacket is really only good for travelling to a cold, but dry, location (or, as a second jacket).

16. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

One Good Wear Dubow in the wings - I think September should see it swim in to view. How many times have I gone through John's many contracts? I daren't count...

El Marro and red devil like this.
  17. wdw

wdw One Too Many

A Ventile Heroes of Telemark smock for when I want to look rugged and manly.

18. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Brooks CR is in the P/O awaiting collection tomorrow :)

19. ton312

ton312

Peter Bowden likes this.
  20. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Let us know how you find it, I have been curious about Langlitz :)