Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Darn - that would have been a REALLY cool jacket, ton.

I just decided on this brown Vicenza half-belt from Thurston Bros - no waiting time. Size 42 with my measurements, so I hope it will be ok.

View attachment 167871

I hope Vicenza is a medium weight hide and not too much heavier than goat.

Nice looking jacket @Seb Lucas congrats although didn’t you say just a few days ago you needed a new CR?

Congrats! Pretty safe purchase as there are 3-4 guys waiting for you to flip it :p.
LOL. There has to be a sub forum here somewhere that takes bets on my retention odds. It’s priced so well that if it doesn’t work for me I’ll happily send that same deal along to the next able body who is interested. Perhaps not everybody agrees but that’s how I like to see this place function. Do unto others and all that good stuff.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
LOL. There has to be a sub forum here somewhere that takes bets on my retention odds. It’s priced so well that if it doesn’t work for me I’ll happily send that same deal along to the next able body who is interested. Perhaps not everybody agrees but that’s how I like to see this place function. Do unto others and all that good stuff.

That's exactly right, ton. A very worthy approach.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
OjGEUcG.jpg

Another indigoxblack type3 I bought for my younger brother, thank god it fit him perfectly, i only blind guessed his size, this one has more modern sleeve construction angled down, slim and cleaner, also more waisted on the body compared to my similarly jacket made by other company which has more boxy fit. No visible tab or logo which is better for him.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Well on the opposite end of handymikes success story we have this green machine. It’s about 3” too short in the body for me which is a shame. The leather is interesting. If anyone wants it it’s $35 shipped. Otherwise it goes to Goodwill.
View attachment 167823 View attachment 167824 View attachment 167825

Giving this one a go as my latest incoming jacket. Thanks to Tony's goodwill! I'll post up a pic after my attempted "hide restoration"

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I ordered this one from Iron Heart last night:

View attachment 168370
It’s the 19oz overdyed left handed twill. Based on the numbers I think this one is going to fit a little tighter than I like them too, but they make a great jacket and I wanted a black type III.

Idk about this one..., except for my general dislike for denim jackets (I think it's close to impossible to match two different tones of blue denim (trousers + jacket) and looks odd in 99% of all attempts I have seen), this particular IH pattern looks odd. Like the pockets are disproportionally small are they not? Either that or the style is VERY long and slim.

I ordered this one from Iron Heart last night:

View attachment 168370
It’s the 19oz overdyed left handed twill. Based on the numbers I think this one is going to fit a little tighter than I like them too, but they make a great jacket and I wanted a black type III.
I’m waiting the restock on that one!! That’s the best type III they offer. Sells out within hours. Cotton armor. Well done!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Idk about this one..., except for my general dislike for denim jackets (I think it's close to impossible to match two different tones of blue denim (trousers + jacket) and looks odd in 99% of all attempts I have seen), this particular IH pattern looks odd. Like the pockets are disproportionally small are they not? Either that or the style is VERY long and slim.
JJ,
I think the pockets are correctly sized and I also think the jacket is quite long and slim. The slimness of it does not bother me too much, as I have their Lee Rider jacket which I think is a bit trimmer even at the bottom. It is the length that I would agree is a bit excessive, I would be happier if it were an inch and a half or so shorter.
Regarding matching up different shades of blue I tend to agree with you, and this is why I went for this jacket which has a black overdye. I will say though that when I do combine blue jeans and a blue denim jacket I don’t look any more odd than I normally do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points