Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

reaching out the mods - can we please have a fit pics sticky.....a simple how to guide.....with a few small guide rules......no sweat pants, no untucked shirts, no shorts, no thongs or flip-flops......this is The Fedora Lounge after all.......
Have you EVER posted a single fit pic? Of anything. Ever? Seems especially rude to criticize what others do while you enjoy arm chair status from the sidelines.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
I think he may have been trying to be "sarky" (sarcastic !). That's how I read it anyways...

Breezer would appear to be , like me , a Scotsman , albeit I am trans-located some !

I wear leather jacket and shorts fairly often in Spring when setting out for brekky at the coast and to work sometimes.

The jacket comes home on the back seat of the car then of course , "best of both worlds"....

Last edited:

technovox

One Too Many
well, looks like he was smart enough to ask Schott to make a J-100 repro. Schott going a step further in period correctness and removing the liner. Talon zippers are a nice touch though
Good score on the Schott Restoration Hardware jacket! They rarely come up. Love the simple Buco back on these Restorations. And the drum dyed cowhide leather is some of the softest I've encountered. I ended up putting a liner in mine.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
reaching out the mods - can we please have a fit pics sticky.....a simple how to guide.....with a few small guide rules......no sweat pants, no untucked shirts, no shorts, no thongs or flip-flops......this is The Fedora Lounge after all.......
Hey I was showing a cool jacket fresh out of the box, didn't think that I would need to pose just to offer pictures for members here who appreciate vintage MC jackets.

Last edited:

breezer

Practically Family
Have you EVER posted a single fit pic? Of anything. Ever? Seems especially rude to criticize what others do while you enjoy arm chair status from the sidelines.

I wasn't being entirely serious.......but yes, I have done fit pics for my own acquisitions.....see below. But what I would say is always go outside to do your pics.....find somewhere to rest your camera if you don't have a tripod......and try to look your best! I am even more opposed to leather jackets with shorts, than I am to over-long sleeves....and thats saying something!

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-a2-soft-italian-horsehide.91236/page-2

I wasn't being entirely serious.......but yes, I have done fit pics for my own acquisitions.....see below. But what I would say is always go outside to do your pics.....find somewhere to rest your camera if you don't have a tripod......and try to look your best! I am even more opposed to leather jackets with shorts, than I am to over-long sleeves....and thats saying something!

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-a2-soft-italian-horsehide.91236/page-2
You should showcase that jacket more often. That’s a great combo with the knits! My point was that I appreciate folks taking the time to photograph their jackets. That said, I do find sweatpants to be the lowest form. Pajama pants too. That I can’t abide.

Superfluous

But what I would say is always go outside to do your pics

I usually wear my leather jackets at night and, therefore, taking photos outside is often not an option for WAYWT photos. Thus, I must find an indoor location that allows me to prop my cell phone several feet above the ground and has sufficient lighting. Unfortunately, my kitchen is the best option (which has led one unnamed member to regularly belittle me and my kitchen -- rather silly).

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I usually wear my leather jackets at night and, therefore, taking photos outside is often not an option for WAYWT photos. Thus, I must find an indoor location that allows me to prop my cell phone several feet above the ground and has sufficient lighting. Unfortunately, my kitchen is the best option (which has led one unnamed member to regularly belittle me and my kitchen -- rather silly).

I like your kitchen!

Blackadder

Keep in mind that this is a new jacket thread and not what you are wearing today thread. For example, it is 30 degree celsius here today and will likely remain quite hot until December, I am not going to go down from my high rise apartment building to the sidewalk wearing my leather jacket to take a fit pic of a jacket that just arrived. So please do not expect any fit pic until December ;).

breezer

Practically Family
Keep in mind that this is a new jacket thread and not what you are wearing today thread. For example, it is 30 degree celsius here today and will likely remain quite hot until December, I am not going to go down from my high rise apartment building to the sidewalk wearing my leather jacket to take a fit pic of a jacket that just arrived. So please do not expect any fit pic until December ;).

young man it sounds like you lack commitment to this hobby......I'm writing 'must try harder' on your report card...... But seriously....when posting fit pics ( in the appropriate thread ) being outside is a must....not only is the light better, but the background is bound to be more interesting than a hallway, or bathroom door.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Hey I was showing a cool jacket fresh out of the box, didn't think that I would need to pose just to offer pictures for members here who appreciate vintage MC jackets.
Jon no need to defend or explain yourself, your a grown man that shared a cool ass jacket, thats the star of the show, an the POINT and as long as your clothed there is no foul

breezer

Practically Family
Its all about the jacket , everything else is irrelevant.....

I could not disagree more...... its about style.....its about something we can't quite put our finger on....its not about what you are wearing but how you wear it........its why one person can make a $100 jacket cool as f*** and how another person looks terrible in a $1000 jacket.....its about lots of things........

Superfluous

I could not disagree more...... its about style.....its about something we can't quite put our finger on....its not about what you are wearing but how you wear it........its why one person can make a $100 jacket cool as f*** and how another person looks terrible in a $1000 jacket.....its about lots of things........

I respectfully disagree. The Outerwear section of this forum is NOT GQ magazine. Rather, for the most part, we are merely sharing our experiences with outerwear, supported by photographs when appropriate. The jackets are the focus of the exercise -- everything else is a distant second.

Separately, "style" is entirely subjective and your attempt to mandate your personal style -- e.g., all shirts must be tucked -- is inappropriate. Frankly, I think the "style" you advocate is, in certain respects, unstylish (e.g., tucked shirts). That said, I would never tell you that you must accessorize your jackets in a particular way, and you should not force your style preferences on others.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

This is TFL, not Styleforume...

breezer

Practically Family
Separately, "style" is entirely subjective and your attempt to mandate your personal style -- e.g., all shirts must be tucked -- is inappropriate. Frankly, I think the "style" you advocate is, in certain respects, unstylish

I'm not going to disagree.....I should not have brought my own preferences into this. That was boorish of me and I apologise. But I'll stick with the broader point that fit pics are worth taking a little care and forethought over. Certainly out of the box pictures are just that.....they are a different thing all together. I'll get my coat.....

dannyk

One Too Many
Separately, "style" is entirely subjective and your attempt to mandate your personal style -- e.g., all shirts must be tucked -- is inappropriate. Frankly, I think the "style" you advocate is, in certain respects, unstylish

I'm not going to disagree.....I should not have brought my own preferences into this. That was boorish of me and I apologise. But I'll stick with the broader point that fit pics are worth taking a little care and forethought over. Certainly out of the box pictures are just that.....they are a different thing all together. I'll get my coat.....
Nice. That’s not a sarcastic nice. You apologized while also holding firm, works for me. TFL can be passionate but also gentlemanly, been proving that a lot recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff