Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Is 100 series the name for Schott's mid weight horse hide?

It did feel pretty nice in person. Smooth, soft and casual even off the rack, which fits the vibe of trucker jackets pretty well I think.

The 100 is their naked cowhide. I had a 141 cafe racer in it. It really is a nice hide. More matte / less shiny than the horsehide, substantial but wearable.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The 100 is their naked cowhide. I had a 141 cafe racer in it. It really is a nice hide. More matte / less shiny than the horsehide, substantial but wearable.
yep. Aniline cowhide. So unfinished. Bad for riding probably, but IMO good for fashion. Breaks in pretty fast, will feel like nice lamb skin after like 10 wears, but super thick. you'll get some nice creases and sort of "micro" grain, but nothing like CXL, etc.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Kind of itching for a vintage cafe racer again. Black 42. eBay hunting isn’t what it used to be ever since they forced all seller into manage payments. A lot of small random sellers just left the bay it seems...

Bought this. I think these were made by Johnson Leathers. Not sure. I’ll have to ask Alan. I have no idea what size it is. But with fit pics this bad, who am I to resist.
11D9E0DB-EB95-428C-BAF8-E02AFD6B12FB.jpeg
7FCA260C-0363-48F7-A873-A30A30CA4194.jpeg
975CECA4-2B48-4F09-91CF-09718BD2740F.jpeg
37C5DE60-96CD-4458-92E4-3F000438F1EE.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I wonder who snagged the sportsclad? Hope it is one of the regulars here.

*edit: hope it's one of the regulars here. Sorry not sure what happened there.

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
Just got this beautiful Ralph Lauren collection (runway piece) greyish cowhide cossack for my gf. I hope she likes it as much as I do.

Edit: she loves it. I'm glad we have the same taste.

View attachment 332313 View attachment 332314 View attachment 332315 View attachment 332316 View attachment 332317
This may sound weird but I wish I had a friend or girlfriend whom I could share the passion with lol

I'd be buying leather jackets left and right. I've seen so many cool jackets over the years.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This may sound weird but I wish I had a friend or girlfriend whom I could share the passion with lol

I'd be buying leather jackets left and right. I've seen so many cool jackets over the years.
I wouldn't say that she has a passion for it, but she certainly likes to wear nice jackets and we do have the same taste.

Every time she wines that my jackets take up too much space I remind her of all the nice jackets I bought for her, which usually settles the discussion. It's a win-win situation :)

This is what I bought her up to now
11764C8E-B13B-4B74-9838-110F8E29D2F5.jpeg
BB665473-3DA9-4486-93A5-D8B0B4827EE1.jpeg
1E122E5F-6116-4D05-9B94-8F1B8B5F377D.jpeg

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't say that she has a passion for it, but she certainly likes to wear nice jackets and we do have the same taste.

Every time she wines that my jackets take up too much space I remind her of all the nice jackets I bought for her, which usually settles the discussion. It's a win-win situation :)

View attachment 332722 View attachment 332723 View attachment 332724
Great looking jackets and very generous of you! I'm just counting how many jackets I've bought for my wife....0 :(....I have to reconsider my generosity :eek: If you are ever going to propose to her I'm sure she will say YES! :D

Riu

Practically Family

View attachment 332722 View attachment 332723 View attachment 332724

That's a good strategy @Marc mndt :) Has she got a favourite?

Riu

Practically Family
That's a good question. I don't think she has one. They all seem to get an equal amount of wears.

Is there a favorite in your collection? Looking at my current collection, I think I have at least 10 favorites hehe.

I personally like this one out of her collection. With your collection, I'm not surprised you've got so many favourites. It's hard to pick amongst those. I like your canvas jackets, both Thedi and the trucker. I need to get a nice canvas jacket.

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 11.07.55.png

I couldn't say I have a collection really, just a few jackets and probably the CR is the best so far. Shame on those Aero's that didn't fit me as I wanted. If the BR wouldn't have been too tight around the chest, would have been my favourite definitely.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Not a jacket but my first high quality leather wallet by Thedi (dark brown cowhide) and my second Thedi belt (natural tan cowhide). I ordered without chain as I don't need a chain - I decided to skip/postpone my Thedi jacket order for now as wallet + belt are more "urgent"

WALLET.jpg

wallte_brown02.jpg

upload_2021-5-7_14-50-46.png

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Not a jacket but my first high quality leather wallet by Thedi (dark brown cowhide) and my second Thedi belt (natural tan cowhide). I ordered without chain as I don't need a chain - I decided to skip/postpone my Thedi jacket order for now as wallet + belt are more "urgent"

WALLET.jpg

wallte_brown02.jpg

View attachment 332757
cool belt, already has cool characters which is longer to get with normal wearing, the wallet looks cool from the start but is not really designed for cards management there, personally I think it takes away some "fun" watching your wallet taking shape from blank crisp new to curved shape, just me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana