Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I love it! CXL horse, I take it?!

Only thing I would improve is that thing with nthe Bermudas. No shorts on a guy over 30 (safe for beach and sports).
CLX HH, yes. It's hard to capture the real color, it really changes from brown to very reddish depending on the light, just as my Aero CLX HH Teamster would. The jacket certainly defies tonys claim that clx is uncomfortable. It's all a question of patterns and right size.

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Here are a couple of fit pics of the '35 Werber B3. Also one with the pig-dog for good measure.
IMG_5753.jpg
IMG_5751.jpg
IMG_5752.jpg
IMG_5747.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
New thread idea: Over 50 and wearing shorts with our jackets.

View attachment 449589

Its been a long and very hot summer in my neck of the world, and our office building has no aircon. Dressing discipline deteriorated to an extent that at one point I thought they must have build an outdoor pool on the premises for all the shorts and tank-tops I spotted...

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Its been a long and very hot summer in my neck of the world, and our office building has no aircon. Dressing discipline deteriorated to an extent that at one point I thought they must have build an outdoor pool on the premises for all the shorts and tank-tops I spotted...
Awesome!!!!! So glad your employer and co-workers are so reasonable.

I got a buddy that works for Coca Cola Latin America and he lives in San Jose, Costa Rica. But he is required to wear a suit pretty much every day. He says he can't believe it. His building does have A/C but when he arrives at work, he says he's already totally sweating. He says he's Wet and Dry over and over in a day from Shower---to commute---to working in the office---to Lunch----to commute home. I'm like---well at least you live at the beach!! He says, "WRONG!!!! San Jose is 3 hours drive to the coast."

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
The HD road king came today. The leather is not premium, but for the price and name brand, is a good value. However, Just to process the order it took them 12 days. Not a well-oiled machine. Having read their story, the Davidsons will be very frustrated with the company's current practices.

CHECKING THE PACKAGE:
checking .JPG

SECOND OPINION
approval.JPG
:

CAN IMPROVE BIG TIME:

not happy with service.JPG

During normal business hours, I contacted Vanson for a sleeve repair. I got an answering service saying they are not taking any calls and to leave a message. I e-mailed them instead. Let's see how long it takes for a response.

Last edited:
The HD road king came today. The leather is not premium, but for the price and name brand, is a good value. However, Just to process the order it took them 12 days. Not a well oil machine. Having read their story, the Davidsons will be very frustrated with the company's current practices.

CHECKING THE PACKAGE: View attachment 449879

SECOND OPINION View attachment 449880 :

CAN IMPROVE BIG TIME:

View attachment 449881

During normal business hours, I contacted Vanson for a sleeve repair. I got an answering service saying they are not taking any calls and to leave a message. I e-mailed them instead. Let's see how long it takes for a response.

More pics por favor.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The HD road king came today. The leather is not premium, but for the price and name brand, is a good value. However, Just to process the order it took them 12 days. Not a well oil machine. Having read their story, the Davidsons will be very frustrated with the company's current practices.

CHECKING THE PACKAGE: View attachment 449879

SECOND OPINION View attachment 449880 :

CAN IMPROVE BIG TIME:

View attachment 449881

Is this comp weight cowhide or the waxy hide they used on the chopper?
Everytime I called Vanson I can hear them very busy in the background, like lots of other people on the phone. I don’t have luck emailing them, that was about a year or more ago, things could have changed. It seems that their distributors are giving best custom results, from what I’ve seen here.
The Cycle Champ repro is a keeper. I wished Vanson would do more Horween jackets like Schott, for the special limited runs.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Is this comp weight cowhide or the waxy hide they used on the chopper?
Everytime I called Vanson I can hear them very busy in the background, like lots of other people on the phone. I don’t have luck emailing them, that was about a year or more ago, things could have changed. It seems that their distributors are giving best custom results, from what I’ve seen here.
The Cycle Champ repro is a keeper. I wished Vanson would do more Horween jackets like Schott, for the special limited runs.
Canuck, the comp weight leather used for this jacket, is not as good as their current regular comp weight leather. In my book, It is two steps below their older comp weight leather.
Regarding their customer service, I think things got worst. Because now, they do not even have people answering the phones. LOL.
This is a cycle king. However, my favorite model of the 50s HD "cycle" was the third cycle champ style. In my view, no one has decently reproduced the jacket. YES, I had the "premium" maker's silly attempts to make one. Truly, I do not understand how the so-called premium makers do not pay attention to detail. Would it be because of trademark agreements? For what is worth, this cycle king is the very best reproduction I have seen. The hide could have improved, that's all. I would happily pay an extra $300 for a nice HHCXL/SHCXL

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Canuck, the comp weight leather used for this jacket, is not as good as their current regular comp weight leather. In my book, It is two steps below their older comp weight leather.
Regarding their customer service, I think things got worst. Because now, they do not even have people answering the phones. LOL.
This is a cycle king. However, my favorite model of the 50s HD "cycle" was the third cycle champ style. In my view, no one has decently reproduced the jacket. YES, I had the "premium" maker's silly attempts to make one. Truly, I do not understand how the so-called premium makers do not pay attention to detail. Would it be because of trademark agreements? For what is worth, this cycle king is the very best reproduction I have seen. The hide could have improved, that's all. I would happily pay an extra $300 for a nice HHCXL/SHCXL
That's an awesome jacket. I had it on my list since I saw AeroFan's write up on it. Enjoy!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You referring to HD licensed McCoy's repro of Cycle Champ? I have never handled one but I have heard that it is not 100% accurate. I have a 50s Cycle Champ repro by Toyo Enterprise, the D pocket may not be 100% accurate. In any case, the shape of the D pockets on the 3rd version are inconsistent even on the originals I have seen on the internet. Not very good QC back in the 50s.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
You referring to HD licensed McCoy's repro of Cycle Champ? I have never handled one but I have heard that it is not 100% accurate. I have a 50s Cycle Champ repro by Toyo Enterprise, the D pocket may not be 100% accurate. In any case, the shape of the D pockets on the 3rd version are inconsistent even on the originals I have seen on the internet. Not very good QC back in the 50s.

I have seen the rmcj and the toyo. I have also seen other premium makers from Europe. However, My favorite model is the original last 50s production of the HD cycle champ. The original samples I have seen in the flesh are the same. This image is the only one I have seen with a split back.

images of favorite hd cycle champ front..jpg
back could habe been a repair..jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have seen the rmcj and the toyo. I have also seen other premium makers from Europe. However, My favorite model is the original last 50s production of the HD cycle champ. The original samples I have seen in the flesh are the same. This image is the only one I have seen with a split back.

View attachment 449969 View attachment 449970
That is likely a poor alteration.
Looking at the D pocket on the originals, some are angled towards the main zipper while others seem to be parallel. The shape of the pocket also varies.
1662739313646.png

1662739406662.png

1662739287131.png

1662739704203.png

Last edited:
There is a website, that I can’t find right now, that shows pictures of the basic evolution of the HD Champ. I have screenshots somewhere. I imagine different makers and iterations led to the subtle differences, like the Herc D pockets. Let me try to find the screenshots. Lovely jackets, all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ