Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Mich486

One Too Many
Great jacket congrats!

How did you get that main zip? Rectangle Talon? NOS or YKK? Looks great. Only if I knew these were an option. I had them on my first IR and that's was it. I go with the new Universals which are great but still am looking for that rectangle Talon that slides like the ykk.

Cheers, I’ve asked to have it as the sample pic was showing a jacket with it. 50s square brass talon NOS or something like that. Came with a £25 surcharge.

The 10%-off Aeros are coming in! I ordered this Montgomery approx 1 month ago, Black jerky HH.

It’s a Highwayman with different front pocket configuration and no lower band. If you like the Highwayman fit this is a good option. The black jerky (regular) is quite nice and thick but soft. Very easy wearing. I didn’t go for the extra grain option but tbh is already pretty grainy as is with natural stretch marks on the back etc.
View attachment 454596 View attachment 454597 View attachment 454598 View attachment 454599 View attachment 454600 View attachment 454601
Oh man that is perfect!!!

IrishStu

One of the Regulars
The 10% discount, the UK VAT removed and finally the weak pound made me pull the trigger on an aero highwayman from their stock page. Fingers crossed it fits.
I was a man with two jackets and a coat two years ago when I found this forum, now I'm having to store jackets in the attic. I blame members here for posting the most fantastic jackets.

Pandemic

One Too Many
I was a man with two jackets and a coat two years ago when I found this forum, now I'm having to store jackets in the attic. I blame members here for posting the most fantastic jackets.
I have limited myself to two black and two brown jackets …. So now I have a constant stream of new jackets entering my wardrobe as last month’s ‘forever jacket’ is sold-off to make way, hahah

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This one?
View attachment 454689
I love goatskins. An underrated hide that gets over shadowed by horsehide and fancy steers in the heritage jackets section. Probably because they don't age as fast. This one has both darkening patina and lighten fading. Very nice.

Yes.

I got hit with a DHL customs charge for my Wilderness which has reached the US. Filed a dispute because it is below the US customs threshold for duties–even by the numbers on DHL’s own invoice. Hopefully the dispute gets seen and recognized before the jacket gets sent back.

(I have no issue with paying duties, but I will not pay them where they are not owed.)

Observe

Practically Family
Yes.

I got hit with a DHL customs charge for my Wilderness which has reached the US. Filed a dispute because it is below the US customs threshold for duties–even by the numbers on DHL’s own invoice. Hopefully the dispute gets seen and recognized before the jacket gets sent back.

(I have no issue with paying duties, but I will not pay them where they are not owed.)
Is it processing/handling fees? Sometimes I'll pay like $5 duty on an item and then there's a $20 "handling fee", total garbage.

Too cheap to pass up. Typically see this brand with fringed jackets. This is more my speed.
A32F1A39-431B-4358-A4D6-FAF61156842B.jpeg
A32F1A39-431B-4358-A4D6-FAF61156842B.jpeg
89D40A78-CE9C-4266-93F4-2E0E571A11DD.jpeg

Attachments

• E06A370A-51D5-44C2-B9DA-0010200266CC.jpeg
    E06A370A-51D5-44C2-B9DA-0010200266CC.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 31

Mrfrown

One Too Many
@AerGuitar 50s Halfbelt arrived. Fit is so good. Just bananas good. Looks great and passes the cellphone to ear test w flying colors.

This is what I had kinda given up on from Aero. Jacket already having some decent wear helps but it’s also a much better pattern for me than the other Aero models I’ve tried.

Quick shots this afternoon. Too warm with the tweed lining for today but looking forward to using it in cooler temps!

(Ps if anyone is interested in my vanson Ike will probably be posting it for sale soon now that this has arrived)

CCB1ADB6-80BC-4532-A767-32020EB1FD08.jpeg
65505F6D-71DA-4CE4-977B-1ECAB0502FC0.jpeg
023EAB2E-ADC8-41DA-9239-C2132392FA54.jpeg
375A6B47-CAE6-4320-8D4E-63381B25CFBE.jpeg

@AerGuitar 50s Halfbelt arrived. Fit is so good. Just bananas good. Looks great and passes the cellphone to ear test w flying colors.

This is what I had kinda given up on from Aero. Jacket already having some decent wear helps but it’s also a much better pattern for me than the other Aero models I’ve tried.

Quick shots this afternoon. Too warm with the tweed lining for today but looking forward to using it in cooler temps!

(Ps if anyone is interested in my vanson Ike will probably be posting it for sale soon now that this has arrived)

View attachment 454784 View attachment 454785 View attachment 454787 View attachment 454786
IMO the best looking (and fitting) jacket on you. SUPERB! Literally perfect! And I agree setting the Ike free s a good call. No comparison. Looks like you were born to wear this one!

Jiaward

One of the Regulars

Always a great feeling when one comes and works out that well. Looks great.

Epic collar! I’d personally be more likely to wear a slightly more tame collar but the appeal is undeniable, love this design through all it’s iterations
That collar is a sight to behold! I hope it fits. Honestly this style isn’t really my thing anymore but I couldn’t pass it up based on the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ