Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

pacreamer

New in Town
@ton312

Thanks for the tips, I’ll note that when getting my fit jacket.

Who knows, the 30HB might work for me as I have a shorter torso. I’m 5’7” btw. I just preferred a little length in it than to be too short like say an older type 3 denim jacket.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
1674406903013.png

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
@Tom71

I’ve been eyeing Dark Maple Bainbridge, Dark Hickory Vancouver, and Brown CXL FQHH.

I KNOW brown CXL HH works well for the HB (had a few myself) but have zero experience with the Thurston special leathers. Don’t think I have seen pictures of how they age too. so, this is gonna be an interesting choice here.

ZeroDelta

New in Town

That Vanson Oxford is pretty sharp, especially in that particular leather you chose.
I was torn between the dark maple and the redwood. I think the dark maple is more versatile than the redwood so I went for it. I figured with it being my first really nice jacket l would want to have a more options when wearing it. But that redwood looks really slick.

hughesovka

One of the Regulars
Strongly considering an Aero Route 66 in natural CXL horse. Initially wanted a trail rider in same, but Holly said they'd been discontinued (a shame IMO, it's a great design), so I looked for an alternative and I actually like the Route 66 a lot more. It's very similar but definitely more versatile as it lacks the belt and the cut is more normal

Cw_Wel

New in Town
I am torn on what to buy next. I am thinking a type 3 leather trucker from Five Star in dark brown goat or the Satchel and Page Montgomery. Any experiences with either would be appreciated!

hughesovka

One of the Regulars
I am torn on what to buy next. I am thinking a type 3 leather trucker from Five Star in dark brown goat or the Satchel and Page Montgomery. Any experiences with either would be appreciated!
Here are some pics Shawn at Five star sent me of the crystal brown (what a name) goat. I think it looks awesome

Attachments

• IMG-20230112-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230112-WA0002.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20230112-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230112-WA0001.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG-20230112-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230112-WA0000.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 60
Haggling over a Sears Fieldmaster on the bay. It’s a nice jacket but the FM label is certainly a tier or two (maybe 3!) below the Herc label. As such I drew a line in the sand. Waiting to see if the seller will cross it….What’s a brother gotta do for a basic long HB that won’t self destruct?

Manolito

Familiar Face
Received my Schott brown leather peacoat. It is very fine, great style, great patina...

Except on one point. When i close it with the right side on the left side (which is the way i'm used to close my peacoats), i have a strange bulge appearing between the two rows of buttons.

1401.JPG

It seems to be caused by the way the buttons were sewn a little too close to the leather inside edge, so the leather is folded instead of remaning flat as it should

1402.JPG

If I close it the other way, (left side on the right side), I don't have this problem.

But annoyed I am !

A little too obsessed maybe ?

I have put it for a short cycle cold water in the washing machine as i found that it is sometimes a good method to flaten unwanted creases and fold of old leather jackets. I doubt this will change much, we shall see...

And as i have sold a jacket this week, i have ordered another gangster jacket with this Schott car coat 523 for 150 €. Less in the "French Connection" style, more "Carlito's Way"...

523.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ