Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much snow do you have?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Here in northern Ohio we supposedly got 8 to 20 inches overnight! :) I called work today and they were actually closed!!! :D So this is a real holiday indeed. Looked outside and everyone is digging out. I'll go out later.
So how are things in your town?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
About eight inches so far -- I've already shoveled out the driveway once, and will probably have to do it again before long.

We have a sold-out concert at the theatre tonight, so this storm couldnt have come at a worse time. Still don't know if it'll have to be cancelled or not..

Naama

Practically Family
LadyDeWinter said:
Unfortunately we don't have any snow. It is like spring here in Berlin.:(

In vienna too! But I have to admit, I'm not that sad about it. I was sad about it during the christmas holidays, but now, I'm more happy about it, especially for the fact, that I hate my winter-boots...

Naama

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Zilch here. And I mean zilch. Nada. Nothing, not even a flurry. This whole winter.
As a matter of fact, the record for no snow here in Tokyo was set a couple of days ago, and extending as of today...looks like we are officially going to have a winter with no snow...which seems to be a record of never, ever, according to the Weather Bureau...:eusa_doh:
Is our Earth really warming up or what?????[huh]

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
6" and still coming down in the lower Hudson Valley, mixed with sleet.

That's nothing compared to Redfield in Oswego County far upstate.
As of Monday they had 141" - that's 11'9" - on the ground.

And that's the last anyone's heard from them. :eek:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
About five inches of snow/sleet/freezing rain....but the sun just came out so it's going to be pretty slushy. My work place is nearly void of co-workers. I only live four blocks away so I really couldn't call and say I wouldn't be able to make it in.[huh]

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Snow on the Mts

Hmm, according the to weather channel it says we had no snow....interesting since I am seeing new white stuff up on Mt Charleston and some snow on Sheep Mt (which never stays long compared to Mt Charleston). Can't find any more info on snow fall. Some times I am not sure about the children, tried to get them to play hookey to go play in the snow, and they actually wanted to go to school. I don't think they are normal.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

Less than an inch in Boston, but it is slippery. They are only expecting about another inch or so before this ends tonight.

There is maybe three inches on the ground in Waltham, MA with some sleet hitting my office window. It may be excuse enough to leave early. ;)

griffer

Practically Family
i punched out. No way i was going out in the ice mess in Bucks county and a 50 mile commute.

Snow, not so much, ice and sleet, yeah, quite a bit.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Good Ol NW Suburbs of Illinois

Got about 6 inches yesterday. Blowing and drifting has been the biggest issue. Bright and sunny today but frigid. 13 degrees.

Markbcvg

New in Town

4" of snow, but 2" of freezing rain and windy. There are still 80,000 without power in southern Ohio. Power has been out here twice for 7 and 4 hours. Not much fun when the temperature is 15 degrees...

Mark

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
About an inch in Denver overnight. After dry winters most of the past 10 years or so, it's payback time. 19 F for the high today. And we've still got snow (more like ice) on the ground from our December blizzards. Going for a record as to the number of days with snow on the ground!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
We got about 1/2 a foot of snow here in central Iowa, the most at one time all year. There was still some snow left on the ground from a few weeks ago.

Today, everyone is shoveling out, but it seems back to normal. Mother got a ride to the senior center today, I am at home reading and surfing on the net. Had to cancel a Valentine's Day get-together with an old friend -- she lives in a rural area and is snowed it. Bummer. But, we need the snow.

Looks like you folks a bit east of us got the brunt of it.

Well, happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore