Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I might add those who simply go along with the crowd, but then they might fall under either or both of the last two categories...

I think whether or not one would fall into that "go along to get along" crowd would depend on how firmly one held to one of the common teachings of parents of the Golden Era and before: "Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it right." Also its corollary, "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're the last one standing there."

Last edited:

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Born in '45. But I do not wear vintage, live vintage, drive vintage or anything like that.
The only thing I can take with me from that period - the post war period - is a genuine interrest in Royal Air Force and the Battle of Britain. All through my childhood I heard about what the British and RAF did for the danish resistance. And it stuck. (My father was in the resistance)
All the rest? The fifties, the sixties? I just lived through them - some is best forgotten and some is still fantastic.
I don't look back and I don't miss the good old days. That's not why I am here.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I think whether or not one would fall into that "go along to get along" crowd would depend on how firmly one held to one of the common teachings of parents of the Golden Era and before: "Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it right." Also its corollary, "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you're the last one standing there."

What we need are more people, of whatever generation, who are willing to follow that rule and its corollary...

Marla

A-List Customer
I'm a bit younger than you, PH, at 18. I've been very immersed in the Golden Era way of dressing and living for several years now. What specifically inspired my interest in it I can't say. It certainly wasn't exposure to it while growing up, as my mother detests it, and my grandparents are not nostalgic in the least. Growing up I did spend a lot of time around people who were in their 60s and 70s, and I've always liked history and could never relate to my generation's values.

We do have members here who are quite a bit younger, at 16, 15, and 13. I'd be much more interested in knowing what prompted their interest.

Qirrel

Practically Family
17 here. Joined the lounge when i was 16 and got interested when i was 15. Kind of a long story really, beginning with the purchase of a hat. I cant remember exactly why i bought that hat, but i think it was an identity seeking kind of thing. And hats just happened to come to mind. From there on my interest in old stuff in general exploded.

I'm forty-one, born 1969. I grew up with a mother born in 1951, her father (my grandfather) born in 1908 and his mother (my great grandmother) born in 1887. I've already described my fascination with the golden era here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...scination-with-the-quot-Golden-Era-quot/page9 , but I will reiterate that it wasn't because of anything to do with a moment in time or the fact that I had an older than most grandfather or great grandmother, it was a feeling of not fitting in this era since the time I was a small child. I grew up in a private family that didn't really discuss the past, so everything I feel is all me.

You think you had older than most parents. My father was born in 1930 and my mother in 1937. My grandmothers in 1912 and 1908. Grandfathers in 1893 and 1903. My great grandparents were born quite a ways back to say the least. One of my great-great gandparents remembered seeing Lincoln if that helps. :p
We discussed the past in my family. It was there and it was to be respected as that is where we came from. I don't mean to sound like Santayana but you can learn a lot from the past. ;)

rue

You think you had older than most parents. My father was born in 1930 and my mother in 1937. My grandmothers in 1912 and 1908. Grandfathers in 1893 and 1903. My great grandparents were born quite a ways back to say the least. One of my great-great gandparents remembered seeing Lincoln if that helps. :p
We discussed the past in my family. It was there and it was to be respected as that is where we came from. I don't mean to sound like Santayana but you can learn a lot from the past. ;)

Oh, yeah? My parents were born in 1920 and 1918. All my grandparents were born in the early 1890s. One of my grandmothers remembered when Giuseppe Verdi passed away in 1901. So there...:rolleyes:

You two are ridiculous lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland