Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

ukali1066

Practically Family
I'm 36...old enough to have grey hairs...old enough to remember a world without mobile phones....old enough to remember that white dog poo you don't see anymore....

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
I'm 44......still remember stuff, when I was a kid the world was a lot different. Although it was all horrid 70's stuff, was a different world!!

charminglane

New in Town
45 year old here in Monrovia, CA.
You are so right, Mr. Hallack-what a different world it was.
By the by, I was in your neck of the woods in June at the Brown Bag and Wasses. Gorgeous and peaceful, Rockland.

I grew up with a mother born in 1951...
You think you had older than most parents. My father was born in 1930 and my mother in 1937.
Oh, yeah? My parents were born in 1920 and 1918.
Not to turn this into a competition, but my mother and father were born in 1915 and 1913, respectively. To imagine the things they lived through and experienced--two world wars (thought, admittedly, they were too young to remember the first one), the Great Depression, what many of us here consider to be the Golden Age, motion pictures with sound, motion pictures in color, television and later color television, and so on. It couldn't have always been easy, but it must have been interesting.

As for me...chronologically I'm currently 49 years old; mentally I'm somewhere between 10 and 90 at any given moment. ;)

Not to turn this into a competition, but my mother and father were born in 1915 and 1913, respectively. To imagine the things they lived through and experienced--two world wars (thought, admittedly, they were too young to remember the first one), the Great Depression, what many of us here consider to be the Golden Age, motion pictures with sound, motion pictures in color, television and later color television, and so on. It couldn't have always been easy, but it must have been interesting.

As for me...chronologically I'm currently 49 years old; mentally I'm somewhere between 10 and 90 at any given moment. ;)

Ok, you win. I thought my parents were old when they had me. :eusa_doh::p lol

rue

Oops.... I just came back from a short hiatus due to a Christmas tour we were on, so I didn't see this....

Hmmm... given that the extinction was at end of the Cretaceous and most of today's granulated rock is much newer...

Ms. Rue, would you say [voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers[/voice] just admitted to being Older Than Dirt?:p lol

Why yes, I do think he admitted to that Mr. DD :D

pgoat

One Too Many
I'm a few years shy of the big 5-0. I definitely identify more with baby boomers than with Gen X. Fwiw, my parents had my sister and I relatively late in life - they were born in the early 1920s. Culturally speaking, I have more in common with my wife's parents (born in the early 1950s) than I do with her (born in the early 1970s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland