Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Alex

Practically Family
I'm 18 and I do like the fact that there is a large variety in age on this forum. It makes things more interesting and it's great to have so many different perspectives. This is a great forum as far as I know [;

Yes, I did have one, but it has been gone since the 70's. I never had a pet rock, but I do still have a working 8-track player, but I am afraid to try one of the tapes for fear of it coming completely apart!

I have a pet rock around here somewhere. :confused::eusa_doh:
You can convert 8-track tape to other forms or have someone do it for you. However, if it is just music then you can just buy the stuff on the correct media in the first place. The rare stuff is worth having converted.
Leisure suits were landfill back when they were first made. Now nearly all of them where they belonged in the first place.:p;)

MissMittens

One Too Many
I didn't think you were old enough to have a leisure suit, although I'm old enough to have owned 8 track tapes... yikes.

I'm old enough to remember tape cassettes :p

Not *quite* 8-track age, although I'm sure they were around when I was born, just that I wasn't at an aware age. All I remember are tapes, fm radio and 45's

Don't knock pet rocks, they make great props for snark...

Such as "My pet rock is smarter than you!" LOL The LDGE and I have exchanged jokes about me making her a pair of large brass spheres, for a similar snark... :D

You know of course that the brass monkey that the other phrase refers to was a device they used on ships to stack cannon balls right? ;)
My uncle went to school with the guy that invented the pet rock. He wasn't the most likely to succeed either.[huh]

MissMittens

One Too Many
The answer to your second question (unfortunately) is, pretty much, "No."

I agree. It IS modern culture. When you have rappers who massacre the English language daily, advertising high-end products, dressed in suits, in black and white commercials, portraying an air of culture..........and then saying things such as "Aight, we cool", then no. Sorry, Lizzy.

I have to admit to using a fair amount of LOL, RTFM, RTOFL, BFF, etc. One of the most fun songs I play has lyrics that pokes fun at the Nu-Valley Girl "No jk jk jk, lolol, I <3 ur makeup, OMG i luv ur hair" which roughly translates as "I'm not joking, I really love your hair and makeup".

I will say, I'm 20 years old. I've been seeing my peers finally, finally getting out of the childish "OMG U SUK LOL" ways of doing things and are realizing that they've got to work hard and get their acts together. I think the economy and how difficult it is to succeed in school/work with it as such.

Also, I'm a proud 8-track player/tape owner. I think I've got 5 or 6 players, and probably about 100 tapes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran