Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters
We love hats...so for some an appropriate question is how old are our hairlines! (Myself included!)
My hairline ages right along with me, but I think it prefers colder weather because it's been slowly moving north for the last three decades. Either that, or it's afraid of my eyebrows; my forehead is now a fivehead. :D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I will give you a hint. I was born the year we landed on the moon. ;) Man, was it that long ago! Geez! LOL

Regards to all,

J

James, I am a little late to this thread, but what a small world! When Neil Armstrong first set foot on the moon, I was in Pleasanton, California, not far from where you live now. I was eating a new sensation pop-corn, with onion salt, watching my ants B&W TV. Holly, Cr..p, I'm a senior citizen! How did that happen?

...Holly, Cr..p, I'm a senior citizen! How did that happen?
A couple of years ago I went to see a movie with a guy who has been my best friend since we met in grade school about 40 years ago. He's five months younger than I am, but he started losing his hair in his early 20s, is heavier than I am, and probably has as much gray in his beard as I do; imagine Rob Reiner with graying red hair. We walked up to adjoining ticket windows, told the ticket vendors the movie we wanted to see and the showtime, and, at the same time, they said, "That'll be $X.00 please." Strangely, his ticket price was $1.00 less than mine. When he asked why, his ticket vendor, who happened to be the Manager, replied, "Oh, I gave you the senior discount." :pound: Hearing this, my friend's reaction was one of extreme displeasure, and the Manager (thinking quickly) explained, "I just wanted to give you a discount because I see you here a lot, and I have to enter it into the register somehow, so that was just the function I used because it gives the best discount." This explanation did nothing to calm my friend down, and while he was fuming the Manager gave my ticket vendor "the nod" to give me the same discount. Ten minutes later my friend was still fuming and asked how I'd feel if it had happened to me, to which I shrugged and replied, "It has happened to me." That was a lie, but I was trying to calm him down and make him realize it wasn't a big deal. "I don't care what they call it as long as I get the discount. Look at it this way--it's another buck in your pocket to spend on popcorn." :D

If I remember correctly, that was his first experience with someone assuming he was older than he is. But it didn't take long for him to come around to my way of thinking and accept the fact that this would happen more often as we grew older. A couple of months later I ran into him at a local bookstore. After an attractive and very friendly young lady assisted us with our purchases, as we approached the front door he turned to me and said, "I used to think they were flirting with me, until I realized they were just being nice to the 'old guy'." :lol:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ten minutes later my friend was still fuming and asked how I'd feel if it had happened to me, to which I shrugged and replied, "It has happened to me." That was a lie, but I was trying to calm him down and make him realize it wasn't a big deal. "I don't care what they call it as long as I get the discount. Look at it this way--it's another buck in your pocket to spend on popcorn." :D

What I get tired of are all these middle-class retiree ladies from Connecticut who spend thousands of dollars on face lifts, Botox, dyed hair and all the rest to look younger and then get mad at me when I *don't* give them the senior discount.

My stock response if somebody gets miffed whether I give them the Senior price or not is "Hey, if I was any good at guessing ages, I'd get a job with the carnival."

"Hey, if I was any good at guessing ages, I'd get a job with the carnival."

At one point in my life I worked at a bar for a few years. Got a lot of miles out of that one myself dealing with the opposite end of the spectrum.
Probably a lot of the young people who would get mad because they got carded for not looking their age grow up to be these people who later in life go to great pain and expense to not look their age.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace