Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to get rid of silverfish?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Odalisque said:
This lovely bugger is a silverfish. Him and his cronies are currently residing in my bathroom. :eek:
295px-Silberfischchen.jpg

Found one of these in our bathroom too, didn't know how to get rid of em. Thanks guys & gals! Thanks to Odalisque for the pic.

Serial Hero

A-List Customer
They got into my place when I moved some boxes from storage. The ones in AZ must be different though; they hide around and in boxes, but the only place I don’t see them is in the bathroom.

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
I was just going to put away my wedding dress and veil in the victorian trunk I use for storing family treasures and I opened the lid to find a small bowl with several silverfish in it- and still alive! I moved another thing and found another. How do I get rid of them? Should I wash all the fabric things in there, empty it out, and is there a bait I can use to catch them? Really sad... :(

Silverfish HATE rosemary, I don't know why, just do. Try several sprigs of fresh rosemary to keep them out of the trunk.

B. F. Socaspi

One of the Regulars
Lilibet said:
My husband did his post-residency training at Johns Hopkins Hospital...they had waterbugs (big blackish cockroaches) in the ORs! Roaches are endemic.

You must have one very intelligent husband.

My Pop Pop has told me some similar horror stories about hospital sanitation...except that was back in the late 50's early 60's...

And on the same note. He gave me an old cardigan, labeled Darwin (?), with a hole in one of its pockets (two pockets on the front). Low and behold, dead silverfish stored neatly inside said pocket.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
B. F. Socaspi said:
And on the same note. He gave me an old cardigan, labeled Darwin (?), with a hole in one of its pockets (two pockets on the front). Low and behold, dead silverfish stored neatly inside said pocket.

That is yucky.

Imahomer

Practically Family
I had them all around my old house. Luckily they weren't in the house, just outside. I'd grab a log from my wood pile and 3 or 4 would scatter. Disgusting little buggers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot