Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to protect vintage magazines?

Brinybay

Practically Family
Tried to search, way too many posts to try to sift through them all to find what I need, so if you know a post that will answer my question, please link to it.

Anyway, I recently purchased a magazine on eBay. I thought it would be a "used" magazine, turns out it's in like-new condition, complete with those fall-in-your-lap inserts.

My question is what is the best way to store and handle a magazine? I want to be able to show it, but don't want the inevitable fingerprints and other wear that would come with that. Currently I just have it tucked away in the manila envelope it came in.

The magazine isn't real old, specifically it's American Breweriana Journal Nov-Dec 1993. I bought it because the feature article is Pictorial History of Goebel Beer Billboard Signs (I collect Goebel Beer artifacts). I scanned the front cover and the two pages of pictures related to the article.

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
You collect Goebel Beer artifacts?! The Goebels were my relatives on my mother's side. They all came from the East side of Detroit (the Heidelberg) about three generations back. We don't have any beer memorabilia save the odd opener or two, but there are some Goebel family documents at my parent's house. What a small world! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy