Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to secure a wedding veil

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Hi ladies I am not sure this is the correct place for this but. My wedding is rapidly approaching, and I need advice on how to secure my drop veil. I am wearing my hair iRita Hayworth style down with a dramatic wave. I am wearing a drop veil but have no clue how to secure my veil. Anyone know to to do this?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I think traditionally they're held in place with a hat pin. Do you have a pretty vintage one you could use? I would say to spray the heck out of one spot of hair on the crown of your head, maybe even backcomb that 1 spot just a little bit, and weave the pin through that - that way it will be sure to stay in.

The only other thing I could think of is buying a clear hair comb, and doing a few whip stitches to very loosely attach the veil to it, then securing the comb on top of your head. I'm not sure how well that would work, though.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Do you have your veil yet? Mine had a piece of ribbon with elastic loops sewn to it that could have had a comb, bobby pins, or a hat pin woven thru them and secured to the hair. You could do that if your veil has something similar.

Whatever method you end up using, make sure you practice your hair style in advance and leave the veil on for a while to make sure the hair won't collapse or slide. Also, if you're going to be dancing at your reception practice doing that as well. I'm sure you don't want to have to be doing touch-ups on your special day.

I incorporated a pearl and pink rhinestone headband into my flip hairstyle, put a piece of velcro on the underside of it, and attached velcro to the edge of my veil so I could remove the veil for dancing at the reception. It worked well!

018.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I think traditionally they're held in place with a hat pin. Do you have a pretty vintage one you could use? I would say to spray the heck out of one spot of hair on the crown of your head, maybe even backcomb that 1 spot just a little bit, and weave the pin through that - that way it will be sure to stay in.

The only other thing I could think of is buying a clear hair comb, and doing a few whip stitches to very loosely attach the veil to it, then securing the comb on top of your head. I'm not sure how well that would work, though.
That's what I was thinking thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy