Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to stop traffic in NYC

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
I need a close up of the pattern on Senator Jacks jacket and on your's too Feraud. They look like great patterns. Why don't they make decent material with cool patterns anymore? :eusa_doh:

regards,

J
You have to know where to shop J.P.! ;)
If you ever make it to NYC I will take you to the secret spot. The place has loads of patterned sports jackets. Everything under a C note.

Here is the pattern on my jacket.
DSC01803.jpg

Functional sleeve buttons.
DSC01804.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Feraud said:
Forget the mohawk, pierced face, and tons o' bling. In today's big city the simple suit, sports coat, and fedora amongst friends will bring you all the (unwanted) attention you can stand.
Feraud, it's the hat. Seriously, if you guys removed your hats, which I wouldn't condone ;) , you'd look like any other well dressed Manhattanite. [huh] Conversely, I was wearing a rather unremarkable ensemble of linen trousers and shirt the other night, but my Panama hat elicited a dozen comments, all positive.

Shearer

Practically Family
Barbershop Quartet? Well, there's an idea!

'Fess up, Feraud... who's got the best singing voice in that group? lol

Feraud

Bartender
Tomasso said:
Feraud, it's the hat. Seriously, if you guys removed your hats, which I wouldn't condone ;) , you'd look like any other well dressed Manhattanite. [huh] Conversely, I was wearing a rather unremarkable ensemble of linen trousers and shirt the other night, but my Panama hat elicited a dozen comments, all positive.
I agree. Who knew a hat can be so controversial.

Shearer said:
Barbershop Quartet? Well, there's an idea!

'Fess up, Feraud... who's got the best singing voice in that group? lol
The cameraman!

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
BegintheBeguine said:
If I honk the car horn and catcall, will I get a date?
I think "How to stop traffic" in NYC means foot traffic, not automobile traffic. :eek:fftopic: Honking never works for a guy yet we still try it. Would it work for a girl??

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Forget the mohawk, pierced face, and tons o' bling. In today's big city the simple suit, sports coat, and fedora amongst friends will bring you all the (unwanted) attention you can stand.
Get together with these guys for lunch and revel in the comments like, "are you in a band", " can I take a picture with you", and my personal favorite, "are you in a barbershop quartet?"
DSC01741.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

HOT!! Love it.

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Get together with these guys for lunch and revel in the comments like, "are you in a band", " can I take a picture with you", and my personal favorite, "are you in a barbershop quartet?"
DSC01741.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

Gents, all of you look dapper specially Mr. Rover with a great suit!
If i was there with you guys even the air traffic would stop lol J/K

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
lol Barbershop Quartet!?! What a maroon! What an ignoramus! lol

Obviously these are the members of a doo wop band.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Benny Holiday said:
What? You mean they forgot to include "Are you going to a fancy dress party?" That's the classic, the standard, the all-time stock-favourite stupid comment of 'em all. And they left it out. Tsk, tsk, tsk . . .

Hmm, I'll have to disagree. While I do agree that these type of comments can be frustrating - and I do support the classic look - as it's not common, it seems a more logical guess than many others.

Mr. Holiday continues
Man, you guys look sharp!

Here, I agree whole-heartedly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21