Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to turn up the ends of my bob?

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
So I'm sure this information is here somewhere on the forum (oh god, or maybe I am so clueless that I really am the only person here who's ever had this problem :eek: ), but I have searched to no avail. I got a 1920s-style bob last week and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the front ends to curl up around my face.

Well, that's not entirely true - I can get a curl, but not really the right one. It seems like it should be so simple, and I'm sure I'm going to have a real "dur" moment when I figure it out, but...

Can one of you ladies in all of your vintage wisdom enlighten me? Or point me to an enlightening thread? My hair and I appreciate it! :D

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't blowdry it, you won't get the right effect. Instead, take the side section of hair and wet set in 3 or 4 horizontally placed rollers, and comb it into shape in the morning.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Do you want it like this:

4575_84970559163_624014163_1853458_6966763_n.jpg

If so, it needs to be cut on an angle and then blow-dried towards you face. A bit of gell will hold it in place.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
3323007698_76f286c7fc.jpg

If you just want to train it to naturally flip forward a little bit like this (and I don't have any product in at all), just tuck your hair behind your ears for awhile...like when you go to bed, etc...and soon it'll just start curving forward naturally and if you want to define it with some gel, you can! My hair is poker straight, but now has that little natural curve by the face.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Thank you all so much for your comments! I went in to my hairdresser's and she was able to cut a bit of a curve to it. :) So now I just put a little bit of hair wax in the tip and roll it between my fingers, silent-movie villain style. lol

Works a treat! I think I might buy some of that pink hair tape that people use to cut their bangs straight and tape it into a more pronounced curl overnight, see if that works. :D

Thank you again! I really appreciate all the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner