Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hungry: Crystal Renn

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I am eagerly waiting for her book. I think she is fabulous. When Glamour magazine used her in a swimsuit shoot a few months back I tore out a photo and put it on my fridge ! This one
glamourtwo040809.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
I really wish that was the image that was projected more in society. I think that's one of the reasons I like vinatge fashions--curves were always a plus! You see so many celebrities walking around looking like skeletons ::cough!:: Nicole Richie! ::cough!:: and that's just gross.

Earlier this year in another thread, TexasGirl posted this ad she found in a vintage magazine and I saved it. I love the idea it projects!

skinny1.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Emer said:
I really wish that was the image that was projected more in society. I think that's one of the reasons I like vinatge fashions--curves were always a plus! You see so many celebrities walking around looking like skeletons ::cough!:: Nicole Richie! ::cough!:: and that's just gross.

I hesitate to be so harsh as to call someone else's physique 'gross', since there are a fair few ladies who are just naturally that slender.

To many people my physique is 'gross' but I sort of expect the same politeness granted to me.....that I give to them.

Emer

One of the Regulars
You're right, and I apologize for that. I shouldn't have used that word.

But, to that same aspect, I think there's a difference between girls who are naturally petite or slim, and those that just overdo it with dieting.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Emer said:
You're right, and I apologize for that. I shouldn't have used that word.

But, to that same aspect, I think there's a difference between girls who are naturally petite or slim, and those that just overdo it with dieting.

Sure...just like there is a difference between a fat person who overeats....and someone who is just naturally more robust despite eating a healthy diet.

Neither of which you can tell just by a picture.

Having others decide what the -right- body type is ...is what got us all into this whole mess of perfectionism in the first place...We women are so much harder on other women......

Emer

One of the Regulars
I love that ad! I saw it once and remember thinking she had the figure of a paint model! You know what I'm talking about? The ladies that artists used to hire for their paintings or sculptures? I think I definitely like her skin better on the paler side. Looks beautiful with her hair color.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I read an article on Renn the other day. She's a size 12.

Miss N is right about not being able to tell eating habits based on appearance. Me--I'm a size 6 or 8 and I'm always eating. Several years ago, I was 10 or 15 pounds heavier than I am now, but was constantly Hungry.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Sadly, trendy fashion is aimed at one look, that being the long, lanky boyish girl body, which doesn't come naturally to many women. When they wear these clothes, they end up oozing out and over, accentuating the wrong parts, and looking very unflattered.
In past times, clothes were tailored more toward natural curvatures, making the best of our assets. I go to a monthly 'burlesque' life drawing event, and most of the time, our models are not stick-thin. But they look lovely, and very feminine in their vintage garments and underpinnings.
Low rider jeans two sizes too small, and saggy, baggy sweat pants are hardly flattering on any shape.

analiebe

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
Sure...just like there is a difference between a fat person who overeats....and someone who is just naturally more robust despite eating a healthy diet.

Neither of which you can tell just by a picture.

Having others decide what the -right- body type is ...is what got us all into this whole mess of perfectionism in the first place...We women are so much harder on other women......

so so true... it never ceases to amaze me how women can be so harsh towards each other... i myself am tall & lanky with tiny breasts and small hips - i simply dream of having curves but its not to be... i envy the sexy, curvey gals with an hourglass figure...
ladies let us remember the body beautiful is to be found in many guises and forms and as women we should celebrate them all

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
:eek:fftopic:
Emer said:

Sorry to jump in here, but I have to say for years I was mistaken as having an eating disorder because I was naturally VERY skinny- even before I knew what one was- it was all just genetics because both my parents were skinny. The complex still stays, on either side of the spectrum. I will forever see myself like the skinny girl in that ad, just like people who were overweight in the past will forever see themselves as fat. I do wish I had a more curvy figure, because it seems very well suited to more vintage looks. Boo.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
:eek:fftopic:

Sorry to jump in here, but I have to say for years I was mistaken as having an eating disorder because I was naturally VERY skinny- even before I knew what one was- it was all just genetics because both my parents were skinny. The complex still stays, on either side of the spectrum. I will forever see myself like the skinny girl in that ad, just like people who were overweight in the past will forever see themselves as fat. I do wish I had a more curvy figure, because it seems very well suited to more vintage looks. Boo.

See and one just -seeing- her and I together might assume that Lauren starves herself...and I eat way too much.....but having eaten together many times...she eats plenty and I eat less then her quite often.

Which is why this whole 'type' nonsense...is just that...Women have -always- come in different configurations, and while there is -always- a fashionable body type of the moment..it changes, and at any one point, only a fraction of the populace fits it.

If its not your lucky decade or lifetime....(since rubenesque has not been popular during mine)....you make do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou