Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hypothetical: Leather Jacket Meets Alien Invasion

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Hello Everyone,

After two beers, this scenario popped into my head:

Aliens have just landed. Unfortunately, they're fully armed and hostile. Don't ask me how, but humanity quickly decides to send its best man to try and defuse the situation before it escalates into a horrifically violent planetary takeover. This "best man" is highly intelligent and intends to use diplomacy, but he's also no pushover. Oh, and he's wearing a leather jacket. The question is, what does this leather jacket look like?

I should really stop drinking,

Max

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Also, I realize that I posted this thread in the wrong place. My mistake for not being able to handle my alcohol. Not sure how to delete it and/or transfer it over to another forum, though.

Edward

Bartender
Thread Moved to the Observation Bar, which is really the correct place for it.

Interesting premise. Personally, I'd go for either an Aero Seabiscuit, or possibly a Hoochhauler, in goathide. Either seal or black, depending on what else it was paired with. Classy, dresses up or down, lacks the air of 'aggression' an MC style can sometimes carry. I'm also rather a fan of the Howard Hughes style of switching in a leather jacket in place of the jacket of a three-piece suit. Add fedora. That's how I'd roll with a new species that I wanted to impress.

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I think that's a great idea. My instinct was to lean toward something a bit more edgy, in an effort to subtly intimidate the aliens (assuming that their psychological makeup is similar to ours for the sake of this B-movie we're writing). But yes, a classic brown leather jacket would strike the right "respectful and yet ready for anything" balance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner