Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I could use this

smokepiper

New in Town
I have seen this picture before, but now more than ever I could use one of these. Forecast here for monday's low is -19f. Overnight shipping and Saturday delivery please. :D

Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 11.26.43 PM.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
A couple years back, Dobbs did make a wool fedora with fold out earmuffs. It was actually executed very well and had it not been wool, I might have bought it for all those terribly cold Chicago winter days.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh: In my "native" climate we see days, where things like this would be very comfortable. I guess you guys had a taste lately ... not that fun for the ears ;)

VERY true, its gotten very dangerous lately to leave ears uncovered for too long. A few years ago I wasn't careful and on a day with windchills in excess of -40 degess below zero, I got frostbite on my left ear. It was pretty bad, but thank goodness I made a full recovery. Unfortunately my left ear is very sensitive to the cold now.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
- and loosing my ears would leave me blind! I would drop my glasses all the time lol

Happy to hear, you got through with all body-parts intact. One can live with hightened sensitivity (though darned annoying), it could easily have been a lot worse!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
- and loosing my ears would leave me blind! I would drop my glasses all the time lol

Happy to hear, you got through with all body-parts intact. One can live with hightened sensitivity (though darned annoying), it could easily have been a lot worse!

Thanks, Ole. I was VERY relieved once the redness and blisters had gone away and I still had my ear. :whoo:

I wear 180's with my hat...had to this morning to feed the stock at 9 degrees F...
I've seen earflaps that attach to the sweatband but like the 180's better... mine didn't come with speakers...
http://www.180s.com/pages/catalog_listing.aspx?g=1,2&y=7

It was 9 degrees in Georgia this morning?? Wow, I would have thought it would have been much warmer than that. It was only about 2 degrees in Chicago this morning. I do have a pair of 180's and wear them quite often, but I find that they bump against the underside of my brim? It makes the hat sit higher on my head and then I am always worried about the Windy City wind taking my hat from me. Do you have that issue as well, Tom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR