Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I.D. This ??

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
I know that except for brim width, one fedora looks much like any other in a photograph and that colours can be notoriously difficult to reproduce accurately but does anyone have any idea what the hat in my current avatar might be ? I could ask Mr Costner but I don't have his telephone No. lol

As for colour, it looks like a kind of Greyish, Brownish, Tan with maybe a hint of Green/Blue:eusa_doh: As it appears in the photo, it seems like the kind of shade that would look ok with quite a few different clothing colours. Looks like a Brown ribbon so maybe its a shade of Brown / tan ?

The ultimate hat that would be !...... one that went with everything !!!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm not 100% positive, but...

I think that was made by Gary White. You can probably find him with Google, try "Gary White Custom Hats" or something. At any rate, I know for sure it was custom made. They say as much in the DVD extras. My personal suggestion would to be to contact Art Fawcett or Steve "Fedora" Delk and have them duplicate it. Steve is well know for that sort of thing.
NB

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
THANK YOU !!

You are correct NB, I just found his site and the hats look stunning. I like the 'untouchable' (aptly named!) it's US$360 but I guess that isn't excessive for a custom made beaver hat - or is it? This would be my first fedora and maybe my only one ( isn't that what you all said once ?lol )

Thanks again for the help

Colin

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Not the best price

I don't know Mr. White's work first hand, but I know Art's, and many here know Steve's. The price is much better from them, and the hat's are top notch. Talk to them first... that's my advice.
NB

Visigoth

A-List Customer
It has the same shape and ribbon width as a 1938 Borsalino Trionfo I have (without liner).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner