Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I did it! I went out in public with red lipstick!

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
:eusa_clap - I have always had a fascination for red lipstick an how glamorous it looks, but I have never had the confidence to wear it!

My Russian Red and Ruby Woo turned up this week and I decided that I was going to wear Russian Red out last night!

Playing down my eyes was a huge challenge - I tried the no mascara or eyeliner on the lower lid/lashes - as usually, I am all about the eyes and have lashings of eye make up on with pale lips! (a 60s look is my everyday look usually!)

Anyway - my best friend and I were on a girls night - she said to me "That lipstick is perfect on you"!

I didnt give myself a 40's do - I thought I'd take it one step at a time!

PS

A-List Customer
lol That is fantastic! It sounds so simple but that first time is always a big step! Sounds like you had a wonderful first time!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the club

of lipstick wearing dames! Nothing says retro like red lips!
Ruby Woo is my all-time favorite, it stays on forever. I also just bought the MAC "You Say Tomato" this weekend, and it's a great texture, although pretty darn orange on me. OK for fall, just not my best shade, as I am more the blue red type.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
It took me a while to get comfortable with red lipstick. I started with brick red and know I want to go brighter. It's hard to find a red that doesn't clash with my skin tone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran