Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don't own a...

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
No cell phone or iphone or any such gadget
No TV service of any kind. We only watch DVDs and VHS tapes on our TV.
No laptop
No ipod or MP3 player
No flat screen hi def TV
No dyed hair or highlights
No manicured fingernails
No Twitter (I do have Facebook, so what's the point of twitter?)[huh]
No Uggs
No e-reader/Kindle/Nook/whatever
No GPS in the car

Whew, I'm not as abnormal as I thought, looking at everyone's list!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
About the jeans: I own only one pair, but I happen to be wearing that single pair about three to four days a week., washed once a month. I do wear chinos on other days, though.

What I don't own:

Twitter account
Hoodie jacket
TV set (used to have one, then it was taken from me)
Laptop (I just use a Mac, one of their latest models)
Very trendy clothing (I avoid clothing that is too fashionable for a reason, although I like classic-inspired ones)
Sweats (it's like saying to the world, "I give up" :D )
Tattoos (Never planned on having one, it's against my religious convictions)
Car (I'm 21, and I don't even have a license yet either)

While it's not directly related to what I don't have, I do still use the same cell phone I've had since 2008. I don't plan on replacing it right now, either. Seems to me that whenever I see another one of my peers grasping a cell phone in their hands, it looks like one of the latest ones, like the iPhone series.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
I don't have:

A/C in my car. In 1961 it didn't come standard.
Ipod
Shorts
hair gel, spray, mousse.
a video game system

Though I prefer to not totally "Live in the past". I like cd's, computers, automatic washers and dryers. Cell phones, high definition dvd's and t.v.'s. But most modern creature comfort things besides that are needless or seem to just make people lazy/whiny.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I don't have a dress, haven't worn one since 1971. Do not use makeup and I look ten to 15 years younger than I am.
I drive a stick car, no GPS, roll down my own windows, no remote.

I dislike automatic dishwasher and garbage disposals, won't use them. Use a simple cell phone, no videos, camera or games. No iPad, IPod, kindle or facebook account.

I do have a temporary tattoo, a green dragon. In a couple of weeks, I will wash it off and put something else on my forearm,

kdl

I do not own jeans, last denim I wore were dungarees those were issued and uniform of the day.
I do not own a wristwatch.

Wished I did not own a cell phone manditory for work.

I do have a tattoo, hey i was in the Navy and it seemed like a good idea at time.
I did have my ear pierced after first circumnavigation. It was done with an awl part of the Order of Magellan. Has since grown closed.
I do have a lap top because my children killed the desk top.
I do have facebook.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
The thing with fitted sheets is that they're wasteful. If you can only use a sheet on the bottom, it wears out twice as fast.

Exactly!! I also hate that fitted sheets can't be pressesd and folded nicely either. I also find making the bed up with a linen or cotton sheet and doing some nice hospital corners very therapeutic for some reason.

I always keep an eye out in thrift stores for sheets. I bought a pair the other day both with holes in and the lady in the shop gave me a bit of a side-eye. But i just cut off the holey side on each and sewed them together. I'm not wildly extravagant but good sheets are a must!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
I don't have:
Anti lock brakes and never want them.
no Uggs
No cable or satelite TV although we just watch netflix through a roku box now so it does seem to be kind of similar only you get everthing a year or two late. Personally I like it for the classic films.

Ms Sofia please teach me to make hospital corners I hate fitted sheets too but didn't know there was an alternative.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
OOh i'll try, it's hard to explain, my aunty who was a nurse taught me. I'll see if i can find a vid for it as that would be easier. The sheet won't budge off the bed with a hospital corner.

Sorry if this is off topic, but our Grannies would be so proud i reckon if they could hear us discussing this!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
[video=youtube;nQZNLdtQCb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZNLdtQCb8[/video]

It's easier and neater if you tuck in the sheet at the bottom of the bed and then the top first and then do the four corners and tuck in the sides if that makes sense.

Sorry again if this is off topic a bit

BoPeep

Practically Family
Let me begin by apologizing most sincerely to all Loungers for completely derailing this thread into the proper method of tucking a flat bottom sheet. However, I feel compelled to continue...I grew up using the above method (until I let go of the guilt and bought fitted sheets), but I bring the top edge of the fold level with the top edge of the mattress. That results in more fabric under the mattress, hence a firmer tuck. Just saying.

Last edited:
I hate, hate, hate anti-lock brakes. I have them on my pickup and just hate them. I never feel safe.

I don't have:
Anti lock brakes and never want them.
I very much love my percolator. I am drinking percolator coffee as we speak.
I live above my dad's gun shop and use his computer. I had one, but it went kaput.
I've never not owned RWD. I prefer it, and always a V8 as well.
That is a shame, percolators don't make very good coffee. My best coffee maker though is my macchinetta, and that is similarly old school.

I rather like my computer. Who owns the one you post from?

I prefer rear wheel drive, but I don't have a car, and honestly can't see myself needing one particularly much in future, at least while I stay in the city.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Rings (the kind that go on your fingers) there's simply no point!
a husband (but know plenty of women who do) ;)
faux body parts? oh baby! pu-lease, heck yes! and, their not what the modern men like in a gal but are valued 6 x's as much:D and, began as vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff