Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got a new job!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hey gals!
I just had to share my excitement :)
I start working for the San Diego Opera sewing costumes starting this tuesday! I'm kinda paranoid, because they're trying me out, so if you are the praying type, it would certainly be appreciated! I keep grinning because I'm so excited! :D
Yay!!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Oh hurrah! Congrats Lauren! I'm crossing my fingers, praying, and everything in between for you on this job. I'm sure they'll take you on full time and then some.

Yahoo!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
Oh, I'm positive they'll keep you. Seriously, good stitchers are really hard to come by in theater, and you're great.

Eeee! Opera costumes are so cool! I'm so jealous, congratulations!

Naama

Practically Family
Yay! Congratulations!!! ;) I'm sure you'll do a great job! Don't be afraid, if someone right for this job, then it'll be you!

Naama

DancingSweetie

A-List Customer
A costume lady! I was in ballet and we always had mean old costume ladies. They are lucky to have you, I've seen your work on your website so I'm sure they will just love you.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Many congrats and best of luck Lauren, I'm sure you'll do a great job!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations Lauren! That is wonderful news, what an exciting job. Have fun, it's wonderful that you found a job doing something you enjoy so much. It will be so thrilling for you to see the first performance in which the players are wearing your work. What a feeling of pride you will have!
Try to take pictures of the projects that you do. I would love to see them. Opera costumes are some of the most beautiful in the theater world.

GOK

One Too Many
Lauren I am sooooo thrilled for you! I just know you'll be wardrobe mistress in no time at all! Have you worked in theatre of any kind before? It really is worth all the stress when you see your work on stage! Go you! :D

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
That's wonderful Lauren!!!!! I hope you have a blast!
Be sure to tell us all about it, and if you can show us some pics of your projects.

Novella

Practically Family
I'll add my congrats to the rest! What an exciting opportunity, it is something you completely deserve. It's nice to hear about someone getting a job that fits them so well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff