Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just Blocked my first Parabuntal !!

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
Yesterday I received a vintage unblocked parabuntal hat body, I surprised by the lightweight and how tight the waves are, so I did the blocking, here are some pics.

0001.JPG

The classic parabuntal wave...

0002.JPG

0003.JPG

It came in a bambu tube rolled like a panama...

0004.JPG

0005.JPG

0006.JPG

Detail of the bow...

0007.JPG

0008.JPG

0010.JPG

Not bad for a rookie like me...lol

Enjoy your hats!!
Al

carter

I'll Lock Up
Great Pictures

Very nice! :)

Can you give us some details regarding crown height, brim width, etc.? Is there a sweatband or are you planning on adding one?

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
carter said:
Very nice! :)

Can you give us some details regarding crown height, brim width, etc.? Is there a sweatband or are you planning on adding one?

Crown height: 4 6/8 (aprox)

0014.jpg

Brim width: 2 5/8 (aprox)

0013.jpg

Sweatband: Cotton Twill

0011.jpg

The hat has a stamp that says:
"TESORO'S
Distintive Hats
Escolta, Manila P.L."

0012.jpg

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
cookie said:
I have one of those but Art told me the opening was too small for my melon...just a thought....[huh] [huh]

Actually before the blocking the opening was really small, a little bigger that my fist, I thought that never will enter in my hat block, but with a lot of steam and pacience it fixed, is incredible how the straw can expand I use 7 3/8 size hat...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Al_Ojeda said:
Actually before the blocking the opening was really small, a little bigger that my fist, I thought that never will enter in my hat block, but with a lot of steam and pacience it fixed, is incredible how the straw can expand I use 7 3/8 size hat...

Al en serio you stretched a fist size opening into a what size circumference?

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
cookie said:
Al en serio you stretched a fist size opening into a what size circumference?

Yes, en serio the opening was a little bigger than my fist. As you know the body hat is conical but in this pic you can see aprox how large was(the black mark), I regret that I did not take any pic durig the process to show, but it was small to the point that I was afraid to break the hat, but the straw is soo flexible and strong (once wet). As I said a lot of steam at the end the hat was all wet. My hat size is 7 3/8 ( I used a hat block 7/12, that's 60 cm circunferece or 23 5/8 inches)

0016.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Al the Parabuntal that arrived yesterday is the same brand (Tesoros) as yours I will post pix. The circumfernece is 22inches at the moment so maybe 23.5 is possible.

Al_Ojeda

Familiar Face
so you won the parabuntal that I was watching to... Congrats!!! of course you can strech that size... let see pic once you have your hat done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR