Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a bottle of...

SlyGI

New in Town
Koval Rye Whiskey.

I have not opened it up yet, but plan to this weekend. I've had other Rye's before: RI, Bulleit, and Templeton.

Any opinions at to what I have gotten myself into this weekend? Also, I've had rye whiskey strait, on the rocks, and in an Old Fashioned. What else can I mix with it?

crawlinkingsnake

A-List Customer
Mermaid Vodka: "hand made in the USA by Mermaids, for Mermaids and the men who love them!" :rolleyes:

mermaid-vodka-straight-bottle_grande.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Longbranch Whiskey. It's pricey, but far smoother than Jack.

I also both a bottle of my new favorite wine: Oscar Blueberry chardonnay. My cousin's wife turned me on to this one.

Geno929

New in Town
Koval Rye Whiskey.

I have not opened it up yet, but plan to this weekend. I've had other Rye's before: RI, Bulleit, and Templeton.

Any opinions at to what I have gotten myself into this weekend? Also, I've had rye whiskey strait, on the rocks, and in an Old Fashioned. What else can I mix with it?
Rye can and should be used in any cocktails that call for bourbon. The spicy bite of rye, add to the taste profile of many a good cocktail. Try rye in an Old Fashioned or a Sazarec. Good stuff.

Geno929

New in Town
A novelty in my local watering hole is Jim Beam Rye, claims to be 'pre-prohibition recipe'. Any good?
We did a Jim Beam tasting this Friday in Louisville. Most of the top line bourbon or rye choices are good and quality. Choose some that match your personal flavor profile. We liked Bakers, Bookers Theresa, and Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Select at this tasting. Bought a bottle of each. Yum. Btw, we drink ours neat.

Longbranch Whiskey. It's pricey, but far smoother than Jack.

I also both a bottle of my new favorite wine: Oscar Blueberry chardonnay. My cousin's wife turned me on to this one.
I was curious about Longbranch. It's been on Special here this wk. I didn't buy it. With Cinco de Mayo this Sunday all my candy money went for Tequila.

Glad to hear that you like it.

IMG_2261.jpg

Monkey Shoulder Scotch. I am not a big scotch drinker, but I love this one.
A blended Scotch but one of the single malts used in the blend is Kininvie. Kininvie is a very small distillery so it is hard to find as a single malt. Most of the product is bought up to be used in blends. It is owned by Diageo & so it is used in Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker Black & up, & now Monkey Shoulder.

How about an Imperial Collection Super Premium Vodka in a Faberge Egg?

Red and White 12-times-distilled vodka produced with water from Europe’s largest freshwater lake, Ladoga Lake, and Russian wheat and rye is based off a recipe that was supposedly originally created in 1721 for the Russian Tsar Peter the Great. Comes with four Venetian glasses and in a highly elaborate Faberge egg. $1990.00

IMG_6804.JPG

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
Proper no. Twelve Irish whiskey. First time trying it since it was released. It's ok; I made a Hot Toddy with it last night and it did the job. A little bite, but overall it was nice and easy to sip.

In September I visited Talisker distillery on Skye. Couldn't buy much as carrying home is problematic. But with luck it is available here at not much of a premium. My two favourite drams these days.....Talisker Distiller's Edition and the Lagavullan Distillers Edition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB