Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Gilgamark said:
My Fed IV has a slight curl to the back of the brim - not as much as I usually like, but a slight curl. I thought about working some more into it, but decided to let it go for a different look.

Different looks keep the hobby alive.

But it has occurred to me recently that we hat folks all need a block and flange set up. I mean like it should just be a regular appliance that we all take for granted, like a refrigerator or a stove or a microwave oven or a computer..cell phone..ipod..:rolleyes:.

Johnny.

New in Town
Well, I finally have pics... photobucket's still being a bit of a pain. Oh well, here's a few.

S6300031.jpg

S6300025-1-1.jpg

S6300027.jpg

How do I get these to show up as pictures not link?

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Johnny. said:
Well, I finally have pics... photobucket's still being a bit of a pain. Oh well, here's a few.

How do I get these to show up as pictures not link?

Looks good! I think you need more posts for the pics to show up. Don't remember how many....20....25?

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
CRH said:
Different looks keep the hobby alive.

But it has occurred to me recently that we hat folks all need a block and flange set up. I mean like it should just be a regular appliance that we all take for granted, like a refrigerator or a stove or a microwave oven or a computer..cell phone..ipod..:rolleyes:.

I agree, Variety keeps us going.

I've thought about getting some equipment . . . I probably will over the next few years . . . Does that mean I need to find a 12-step program? :D :D

[DISCLAIMER: Note the smiley. That was a joke. Not taking a shot at recovery programs.]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Chuck Bobuck said:
Looks good! I think you need more posts for the pics to show up. Don't remember how many....20....25?
Number of posts only matter for PM privilege. You copy the image code on Potobucket and you will get the pic.:)

Goose.

Practically Family
Johnny. said:
Oh so I don't need to put it in that scripted window for images thing? Confuzzlement [huh]

Also, thanks guys!

Here's a pic to show that I curled the rear of my FIVD. It's slight and has settled down since I did it a few weeks ago. Need to touch it up.
Did it dry and by hand.

Also, Johnny, don't know how photobucket works...but hit the QUOTE button under this post. You can see the syntax on how I post a pic:

500565927_e6HpB-S.jpg

Johnny.

New in Town
*frowns* Ok, now it's really going weird. Goose, if I copy and paste your image adress and post it in a new post, it shows up as an image. However, if I do this to my own, even with the same syntax, it doesen't work. Photobucket problem?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nice hat ;)

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
indycop said:
Number of posts only matter for PM privilege. You copy the image code on Potobucket and you will get the pic.:)

Ah! Thanks Indycop. I remember I had the same problem when I was new in town, so I thought it was post # related.

Johnny, try this...Open the pic you want in Photobucket. At the 'Share This Image' window, on the last option...'IMG Code', click on the IMG address. When I click on this it automatically copies the URL. Then paste it into your post. If you click on preview post you should see it.

Goose.

Practically Family
So glad IndyCop and Chuck were able to help. Regret if I made things worse for you. Damn Good Samariatan paving his road to hell with good intentions ;)

Johnny.

New in Town
Goose. said:
So glad IndyCop and Chuck were able to help. Regret if I made things worse for you. Damn Good Samariatan paving his road to hell with good intentions ;)

Haha no worries mate, thanks for trying to help all the same. Cheers to Indycop as well ;)

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Speaking of curls, this is my version. The curve at the back is straight from the factory, no adjustment from my side at all. I've understood that some FedIV's come with less curve than this...

The hand is our 9 month old baby's who wanted to grab my hat as soon as it came into reach...

fedIVdeluxe-1.jpg

David Ward

Familiar Face
As a real 'newbie' when it comes to hats, this thread really caught my eye as the price is certainly right for a good-looking Indy hat. My question then to the experts is how accurate is the curve of the brim to a Indiana Jones hat, and how easy is it to correct if it's not right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass