Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

I have a Stylemaster in navy, and I have to think that the Fed IV would look great in that color. I’m just sayin’.
QaFQTqC.jpg

:D

I don't think I personally would be in the market for a navy blue Fed IV, but it doesn't look bad and I'd have to see what Akubra might come up with if they ever chose to produce one. Not that I'm holding my breath waiting for that to happen... :p

Just because I love the Fed IV, me, today, in my carbon gray, and herringbone overcoat.

View attachment 195305
If I ever get another Fed IV, your photos have convinced me that Carbon Gray would be a good choice. *sigh* So many hats, so little money...

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
I don't think I personally would be in the market for a navy blue Fed IV, but it doesn't look bad and I'd have to see what Akubra might come up with if they ever chose to produce one. Not that I'm holding my breath waiting for that to happen... :p

I’m not holding my breath either, it would likely be a specialty item they wouldn’t sell too many of.

FWIW the navy Stylemaster is darker than the hat you’re “wearing” in your photo. Here’s a photo from the Hattery’s Instagram page (I assume it’s ok to post this...)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbL52NJFMqe/

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

If I ever get another Fed IV, your photos have convinced me that Carbon Gray would be a good choice. *sigh* So many hats, so little money...

Cool. It's definitely my favorite of my Feds, and even among all my grays. I love the slight bluish tint to it.

Edward

Bartender
I have a Stylemaster in navy, and I have to think that the Fed IV would look great in that color. I’m just sayin’.

Yip, I'd add midnight blue, Oxblood and bottle green to the Fed IV range. I'd also love to have the option of a contrast ribbon and a wind trolley. Not sure I'd be all that fussed about buying any other model of fedora again if I had those options....

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yip, I'd add midnight blue, Oxblood and bottle green to the Fed IV range. I'd also love to have the option of a contrast ribbon and a wind trolley. Not sure I'd be all that fussed about buying any other model of fedora again if I had those options....

Agreed. If the Fed IV was available in sort of a sage green I might have needed another hat.

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
F4MS-2.jpg
F4MS-1.jpg
F4MS-3.jpg
F4MS-4.jpg
F4MS-5.jpg
Received the two Fed IVs, Moonstone and Tawny Fawn. They came packaged even more thoroughly than my last 2-hat order from The Hattery. I worked the crowns of both hats to my satisfaction. I suffered some spiderwebbing in the ditch of both, as you can see in the pics of my soft-diamond from above. But that will work-out with time. Neither have seen distilled water, rain, or steam yet.

First, I am very pleased with the Moonstone.

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
The crown of the Tawny Fawn is just fine, but the brim is proving to be a bearcat. It is wonky at best, but I'm working it into submission. It isn't worth returning, and I see the fine-shaping as a challenge, but I may let The Hattery know that "one slipped by."

What I'm referring to doesn't really show in the pics but in a head-on view the wonkiness is apparent.

F4TF-1.jpg
F4TF-2.jpg
F4TF-3.jpg
F4TF-4.jpg
F4TF-5.jpg

D.C.

New in Town
The crown of the Tawny Fawn is just fine, but the brim is proving to be a bearcat. It is wonky at best, but I'm working it into submission. It isn't worth returning, and I see the fine-shaping as a challenge, but I may let The Hattery know that "one slipped by."

What I'm referring to doesn't really show in the pics but in a head-on view the wonkiness is apparent.

View attachment 197195 View attachment 197196 View attachment 197197 View attachment 197198 View attachment 197199

D.C.

New in Town
Those Feds look pretty nice! I ordered my first campdraft in Cedar Brown on 11/20 from the Hattery. Did you get a tracking update when it landed state side? I'm just curious since mine still shows enroute to the US.

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
Those Feds look pretty nice! I ordered my first campdraft in Cedar Brown on 11/20 from the Hattery. Did you get a tracking update when it landed state side? I'm just curious since mine still shows enroute to the US.
You get an alert when it lands stateside and also when it clears customs.

Well darn mine must be stuck in customs then.
I also took advantage of their free shipping, but ordered mine on the 16th (not a Fed IV). It apparently just cleared customs over the weekend, as tracking showed it arrived at our local post office this morning at 3:30-ish after having been immobile for two or three days. *shrug* I've had one hat arrive from Australia in as few as four days and another took 10, but in my experience the average has been 7-8 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ