Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need help

redavis001

One of the Regulars
I just got a new Dobbs Hat today and I was wondering if anyone could help identify it.

Inside tag states R 80837 to duplicate

Block: 301

I would love to post picture as I imagine that would help greatly but I cannot seem to figure out the procedure.

I have read the FAQ and tried to link from Photobucket but it just makes links to the page. If anone cold help explain to me how to get pictures to show up on the thread it would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Davis

Duck

Practically Family
Posting a photo

Hello,
I too, use Photobucket. Underneath your photo there is a HTML LINK, it will begin with http://. Right click on it and copy the link. When you create a your thread, use the INSERT IMAGE button and paste the copied link. That is all there is to it.
Looking forward to pics of the hat.

redavis001

One of the Regulars
CIMG0002.jpg

This is the New Dobbs

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
The style, with that curled-up brim, is called a homburg. Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but it seems like a nice hat!

edit: Thought I'd add that homburgs are more formal than fedoras, and that I'd only wear one with a suit, a tuxedo, or a stroller (daytime semi-formal dress). Here are a couple of Apparel Arts illustrations of men wearing homburgs--with a suit in the left piture, with a stroller in the right.

edenpariscopy6qu.jpg
strollerandcutawaycopy1vb.jpg

redavis001

One of the Regulars
Orgetorix,

Thanks for the help. I have always wanted one of these. I guess I just like the idea of wearing a “homburg” literature and all that…

I walked into the local consignment shop and it was the right size and the right price…they go down as time progresses but only 60 days to buy…anyways I snatched it up and three silk hankerchiefs they were so happy to sell the both that they gave me three more hankerchiefs to boot! What a day!

Thanks,
Davis

vonwotan

Practically Family
I too have always wanted a Homburg however, I find that they are not flattering to my shape or build. I am still searching and hope one day to find one with the right proportions but, will it still be a Homburg?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen