Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need your help....yes, you.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
We have entered into an another agreement with Barnes & Nobles for them to carry the Summer issue in all 700 of their USA stores. Under this agreement, Classic Style is supposed to be in the front row of the men's interest section.

We are paying several thousand dollars for this in order to get Classic Style out there. The promotion is from June 18-July 1.

Here is where I need your help: I can't visit 700 stores to varify they are following through. I need you to be the eyes and ears in your area. It would be a huge help if you could visit B&N stores in your area and check the men's interest section to see if Classic Style is there.

Please post in this thread what you find. We need to know the store number, city, state and the date you were there.

This will help our magazine. If Classic Style is a big hit, it will further our cause of companies creating the kinds of clothes, luggage, furnature that we love. Also small companies that already make the wonderful goods we enjoy will receive a greater audience. I really do believe we can make a difference.

Thank you for your support! I am grateful for your help. You guys are the best.

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I'm planning to visit on Monday when Issue #3 is scheduled to hit the stands. I'll try to remember my camera in case B&N isn't holding up their end of the agreement (as was the case last time). Either way, I'll make sure Classic Style is front and center before I leave ;).

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm ready and waiting to hit the area outlets, with fountain pen and Moleskin in hand to take down all pertinent details! And just confirming - this is just Barnes & Noble stores only, not Borders.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Visited the U-Village location (2675 NE University Village Street) in Seattle this afternoon. (There isn't a store number on my receipt.) Classic Style was hidden away on the back shelf of the middle section of the display. The only way I found it was to kneel down on the floor and look up.

panamag8or

Practically Family
I happened to be near the B&N today, so I just stopped in to see where the magazine was. They had it on the top shelf, eye level, in the center of the second row.

I will check again after tomorrow, to see if it moved to the front. Now, I'm going to go read my CS.:D

cgab1

One of the Regulars
I checked the Barnes & Noble in Metairie, Louisiana today, 6-17-07, and they had eight copies of the summer issue available. I didn't get the store number , though. I know they print it on the receipts, but the lines were too long and I didn't have time to wait (always in a rush, even on Sundays). I can check later this week. Great issue, by the way.

cgab

Zig2k143

Practically Family
I went to my local one yesterday and they didn't have it stocked. I asked the girl behind the counter and she said that the guy who does the rack wont be in until Tuesday and that should be when it will get put on the self... Will try again tuesday.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
Front and Center...

Classic Style, front and center in Las Vegas (store #230774?). Right smack dab in the middle of the Men's Interest section. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,

RC

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I stopped in to the local Barnes and Noble today, but Issue #3 had not arrived yet. There was one remaining copy of Issue #2 in the back. I moved it up front so maybe it will sell before the new issue arrives.

I'll stop back in later this week.

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
I've got the Myrtle Beach, SC Barnes and Noble covered, I'll stop by tomorrow...:)

I didn't know y'all were involved with a magazine!? Did y'all start it, or are you on staff somewhere? I'm intrigued. I'll be buying tomorrow regardless, very excited!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Lucy June said:
I've got the Myrtle Beach, SC Barnes and Noble covered, I'll stop by tomorrow...:)

I didn't know y'all were involved with a magazine!? Did y'all start it, or are you on staff somewhere? I'm intrigued. I'll be buying tomorrow regardless, very excited!

MK is a publisher. He started it this year. Did you notice all the pics of loungers in the previous issues? Not a coincidence!

Carle Place, NY Barnes and Noble Store #2216: Issue is Front and Center, Men's interest. :eusa_clap

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
MK is a publisher. He started it this year. Did you notice all the pics of loungers in the previous issues? Not a coincidence!

Carle Place, NY Barnes and Noble: Issue is Front and Center, Men's interest. :eusa_clap

I've never actually seen the magazine! Now I'm definitely intrigued! I'm picking it up today when I run some errands. Also want to make sure that the MYB Barnes and Noble have their butts in order. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy