Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"I really like your hat," she said, admiring the Venetian...

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Recently acquired what has quickly become a favorite straw, a NOS shimmering brown Resistol Venetian:
detail

detail

detail

Shopping for a rose bush, I tipped my hat upon inquiring of the young woman at the nursery where I might find a certain variety. She started to answer, stopped dead, then said, "I like your hat."

Thanks, I said, it's a vintage Resistol. "I mean, I really like your hat," she said. Appreciating her again, we both wondered why more guys don't wear hats.

It has a 2 3/8" tight-weave brim; the coarse-weave crown is 4 1/4" at the front, 4 3/4" at the high point and 3 3/4" at the back; pugaree has accents of gold and iridescent blue. It still has the original shelf tag touting the "self-conforming" band, which I can't bring myself to tear out:
detail

Based on the typography on the tag, I'm guessing somewhere from the '60s. The color doesn't show well in the first 3 pix. It's closer in the shot of the sweat and this one:
detail

I have heard the same comment you did. I am glad I am not the only one too. The problem is that many of these people ask where they can get one like it. You have to tell them that they are not made anymore. :( The hat industry should take notice. These styles translate into today's fashions easily. I hate to see someone walk away wanting a hat that just isn't there anymore. :eusa_doh:
Great hat oh great bearded one. ;) :D

Regards,

J

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Straw hats

I too, had a compliment the other day from a salesman at an Eddie Bauer store. Too bad it wasn't a girl...

He told me that the store had a lot of inquiries as to where to get a quality straw hat. I told him about Noggin Tops where I have purchased a fair number of hats and also recommended going to the internet and Google straw hats.

The hat I was wearing was an Ultrafino I bought on Ebay for $75.00.

jeboat;) ;) ;)

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
My wife is impressed!!!

Greeetings

My wife (who is particular about hats) mentioned it would look great with a tan or light colored suit. She does have a style sense that I am lacking. God love the woman!!!

Dimiyuri

New in Town
jeboat said:
I too, had a compliment the other day from a salesman at an Eddie Bauer store. Too bad it wasn't a girl...

He told me that the store had a lot of inquiries as to where to get a quality straw hat. I told him about Noggin Tops where I have purchased a fair number of hats and also recommended going to the internet and Google straw hats.

The hat I was wearing was an Ultrafino I bought on Ebay for $75.00.

jeboat;) ;) ;)

I bought too on ebay an Ultrafino for $112 (570 wpi ) and always had a compliment.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, I was just looking at your collection. Very very nice. That Mallory Stowaway is tremendous. You lucky man.
The Stetson 3X too is fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR