Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kadri said:
It would be Mr.Astaire for me,too.
He must be to blame for my fascination with tall,extremely lean,slightly balding men ;)
I can and will watch every single movie with him in it-even the cringe-worthy Funny Face.

And his voice...sigh...

0000383040-04206L.jpg

His right eye being CONSIDERABLY higher than his left is a bit freaky to me.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Besides being in "The Quiet Man", Maureen O'Hara was so beautiful as Douglas Fairbanks Jr.'s 'Burning Bright' in "Sinbad the Sailor". She really held her own in that film too. If ever there was an actress so gorgeously and beautifully seen especially in the glory of Technicolor, it was Maureen O' Hara.

Havana Joe said:
I hadn't seen Hedy Lamarr before, but man, I just had a whole bunch of really pleasant bad thoughts!

But my favorite is Maureen Ohara. WOW! I loved her in The Quiet Man-a woman who knew how to be a woman, and could hold her own. She had a perfect mix of innocence and sexyness.
I always crack up when she tells her 'brother' while ready to brain him with a pitcher "You do and there'll be a fine wake in this house!"
Now, if I could find a woman like that, and a little house like "White of morn"...:(

Shirin

A-List Customer
I'm not a Marilyn fan either. My sister was a big fan of hers in High School though, she dressed like her, did her hair and make up like her, even talked like her!:) I never really *got* it, at that time, but now that I'm older and am a fan of that era myself, I can see where she was coming from.

Fred's eye I noticed once before, but thank god it didn't affect his dancing any.:D

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Barbara Stanwyck

She head heaps of charm but also that beautiful slightly aquiline nose.

Barbara_Stanwyck.jpg

i87482_HenryFondayBarbaraStanwyck.jpg

Edit: I just realized that my last post in this thread was also about Stanwyck! Hah! But she really is special...

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
scottyrocks said:
Whooof, that much thigh was a reeeeally big deal back then. Looks hot now, as well.

Scottyrocks,

I absolutely second the "Whooof"!, but for her smile, for her hair...euh, well for everything lol

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
HadleyH said:
:) No wonder she was one of the most popular pin-ups during World War 2.
Here is another picture of Susan Hayward!

0000157329-78696L.jpg

Hi Lady H,

Thank you, for the great pic!

For a Monday morning it's much better than the Wall Street Journal. :)

Beauty is really timeless...

"Tu contiens dans ton oeil le couchant et l'aurore ;
Tu répands des parfums comme un soir orageux ;
Tes baisers sont un philtre et ta bouche une amphore
Qui font le héros lâche et l'enfant courageux." C.B.

Have a great day.

JL. P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24