Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

filfoster

One Too Many
The eyes have it

Tomasso said:
And yet, his eye still wandered.[huh]

Lauren_Bacall_Humphrey_Bogart_Marilyn_Monroe_print.jpg

Wandering eye seems to be a congenital condition for men. Me, I just have lazy eye.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Rumour has it that Lauren Bacall is not, nor has she ever been, the most docile of women. ;)

Has anyone mentioned Lana Turner? Yowza!

LanaTurnerWow.jpg

LanaTurner.jpg

Lana_Turner_intro.jpg

EDIT: I found a really great Bacall picture in my collection -

LaurenBacall.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^

Apparently it is some type of cleansing solution dispenser. Here is a caption I found, "A very clean and attractive photo of Toby Wing. She can be seen in the 1933 Warner Brother's film 42nd Street. She's featured with Dick Powell in the 'Young and Healthy' number."

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
What's she doing/ holding in this pic though?

That my friend is a wax paper bag. They used to make'em so you could carry them in your pocket to drink out of when no cup was around. ;)

Carlisle Blues said:
^^^

Apparently it is some type of cleansing solution dispenser. Here is a caption I found, "A very clean and attractive photo of Toby Wing. She can be seen in the 1933 Warner Brother's film 42nd Street. She's featured with Dick Powell in the 'Young and Healthy' number."

Yes, she was a small part player in some of the early WB pictures, you got that caption from my Fliker Account... that's where I have many other photos posted.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
C-dot said:
I haven't heard of her either up until now, she's cute as anything!

There were many in the movies in the early 30s that were very cute, attractive and adorable that never made it big... :eusa_doh: That are forgotten today.

Toby I find has more in looks alone then Harlow or Rogers... The first photo of her I posted in her stripped shirt... yeah, that's my favorite! ;)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Mae west

249344757_a1101652f9_o.jpg
There is only one women to satisfy all the needs of any man from the Golden Age! Mae West, not only was she extremely vivacious, she was very intelligent, so we men would have something to talk about after, well, we came up to see her some time! And, of course she was extremely funny, a triple threat! Damn the Hays Code, ruined her right in her prime! Lets also not forget that several generations of men, right up through my Baby Boom Generation, knew what a Mae West was, we also knew how to use one if worse came to worse!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Carlisle Blues said:
She can be seen in the 1933 Warner Brother's film 42nd Street. She's featured with Dick Powell in the 'Young and Healthy' number."
Oh! So it's the same girl! I didn't know her name was Toby Wing, but I posted about her here (scroll down) http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4738&page=44 since FL's Johanna resembles her. I guess you can't help but notice her, no matter how small her part is.
P.S. I adore Mae West... and that fabulous pic of her!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Oh! So it's the same girl! I didn't know her name was Toby Wing, but I posted about her here (scroll down) http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4738&page=44 since FL's Johanna resembles her. I guess you can't help but notice her, no matter how small her part is.
P.S. I adore Mae West... and that fabulous pic of her!

I see what you mean! She does have a little Toby going on. ;)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
scottyrocks said:
Whooof, that much thigh was a reeeeally big deal back then. Looks hot now, as well.

I'm not voting. Just too much of a good thing to take sides! But as far as thigh goes, that other picture (513) wasn't pushing it. Here's an ad with Ina Claire in 1939.

inaclaire1939sm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner