Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Also a fan of Una Merkel

y6v4aihpmixsysvm.jpg

She had a fun silly personality in most early WB pictures, a funny, sweet type.

And also Bebe Daniels:

286193373_ee1004be4c_o.jpg

Bebe played more of a dramatic type, but a beautiful woman nevertheless.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
You can't miss her in all those pre-Code musicals!

4169388090_9c9489492f_o.jpg

What a beaut! Warmer than Louise Brooks.

I'm not familiar with her... what's her story?!

Personally, I always preferred Colleen Moore over Louise Brooks. Or perhaps they are just opposite sides of the same coin. If so, I hope they never change. :p

mike

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
I've seen that, she's a hoot!

She was really good in "His Girl Friday" and also in "The Women". She was lovely and interesting but also silly which I adore.

That's why I fiend after Colleen Moore! Keep your eyes peeled for HER WILD OAT. I saw it at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences/Mary Pickford Theatre on Vermont a few years ago... it was virtually lost for decades but since a screening or two has not be issued on dvd or screened on TCM! It's so touching a film and Colleen Moore was the quintessential American free spirit flapper!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Now, I'm cheatin' a bit, because MY all time favorite is Sonia Darrin....

But, has anybody mentioned Ann Savage, and her savage performance as Vera in 1945's Detour? Here she is in finest femme fatale form, telling the protagonist to "Shut up! You're a cheap crook.... I don't LIKE you! .... Just remember who's boss around here!" :eek:
d42f6266.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
I can say without hesitation that my pick would be Audrey Hepburn.

Now, if she were unavailable, I'd say Claudette Colbert, or Jean Arthur would do nicely!

Randy

EDIT::

How could I have forgotten Myrna Loy, especially after seeing her mentioned several times in this thread?!

CliffG

One of the Regulars
the one who would laugh and enjoy life with me, want to be with me, want me to be with her.

that is the one girl

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Paulette Goddard

One of the most beautiful actresses of Hollywood Golden Age Paulette Goddard. She was romantically involved and living with Charlie Chaplin for almost 10 years from 1932 to 1940.
The fact that she never clarified her marital status with Chaplin (...show us the papers that say you are legally married so to speak...so silly :rolleyes: [huh] ) eliminated her for the role of Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With The Wind", she was one of the finals and leading contenders for the part, she could have made a perfect Scarlett.

Perfect Paulette
goddard2.jpg

The two lovers,Paulette and Charlie dancing happily together ! :D
3432880.jpg

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Louise Brooks will always be number one for me! Her brilliance and personality add so much to her beauty and breakthroughs in film...I've adored her since I was 14...

As for anyone else, I would say Myrna Loy or Rosalind Russell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner