Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Sorry- only me...

pp-bogart.jpg

...here's an interesting one- 303rd Bomb Group visit-
-Hoagie, Bogey and Bacall... looking like a top fashion model of today.

And Humpty is wearing his dungarees- I have a pair just like that.
Very nautical.

BT.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That Capt looks abit peeved..!!

I guess rank doesn't always carry its priviledges as that Capt beside Bogie looks just a tad p***ed off with the two lucky NCOs wrapped around Lauren! What a great pic you found there Martin, you weren't behind the lense by any chance were you ..? (wouldn't surprise me! LoL). :cheers1:

Oh, just by the way...how do you get to post the pics up on the board like that, so that they are included with the message (rather than a link)..? As on occasion, it is handy to do that. Please advise, cheers! :beer:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Paddy -- You had me all fooled and psyched-up. When I hit the button and saw who the "starlet" was, I wanted to post that I heard she'd almost succumbed to Hataholism, just like a lot of her peers (see Hataholics thread).

But, of course, as has been mentioned, she's cracking whips in Texas.

That was too, too funny.

karol

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paddlesworth-

By my 'being behind the lens' did you mean that I have contrived said image?
Or are you calling me old?
If you thought I'd man-ipulated the image- I guess it could actually look like that- squash Hoagie Carmichael and Bogey and Bacall into a AAF pic... Hoagie almost looks like he doesn't belong there...
But no my friend, it's for real...

Re: posting pics- I use Photobucket, and it gives 'URL', 'Tag' and 'Image' text strings for each image you save there- I just copy and paste the 'Image' text string and it is a link to the image- I'm not posting an 'image' per se, just the thread to the image at the host. A link to the actual image, rather than just an URL.

BT.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Sinatra Squeeze

For me, it's Ava Gardner, and how.

(newbie guy) Some friends and I had a discussion recently: Are there any film stars today that can match the golden era types? Are there any man's men, like a Gable? That women want and men want to be? We narrowed it down to a very short list. Maybe Russell Crow.
Naming modern female stars with the qualities of the golden era women is really tough. Do any have the "class," for want of a better word, of a Bergman or Ava Gardner or Myrna Loy? Maybe Renee Zellweger? Nicole Kidman?
Tough call, for me.
Maybe "anals" does apply to the current crop. ;)

HaraldTheSwede

Familiar Face
Here's another one of Lauren Bacall. I've always had a thing for her. That mysterious, sexy and even menacing look together with her deep fabulous voice melts me anytime.

52747EKmj_w.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ah... my namesake. Good choice ;) An appreciation for old movies runs in my family. Guess I have to carry on the tradition someday.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I have always loved Judy Garland.I credit The Wizard of Oz as starting my vintage obsession.My fascination with rubyred is a direct result of that movie.
I think I'm still disappointed that I did not grow up to be her. :D
What gorgeous eyes she had!

For the men it is definitely Fred Astaire and Humphrey Bogart that have always melted my heart.Such charisma!

As far as actors today not many make my heart pound.The only one I can think that may come close is Ewan McGregor.

For actresses,I definitely agree with the Natalie Portman statement.She has a classic,fresh beauty and an elegance that you do not normally see in actresses of her age range.

Kaela

Vendor
http://silverscreensirens.com/veronica.htm

Somebody mentioned Veronica Lake, I think that she's the smokiest, bewitching screen siren I have ever seen! She nearly gets me all hot and bothered! I can't believe she's not posted all over this place.
Once a very nice, but old likely senile man told me that I looked like her-- I used to be a bottle blonde *sigh*
But anyhow, what a doll!

And since I am a lady, I'll post my taste in the Golden Era Men:
Cary Grant!
he's suave, he's clever, witty, why, he could fall down a flight of stairs and still come off as classy! And that voice! *swoon*

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Kaela,
Good call on Cary Grant. He and William Powell always looked smooth, even after a pratfall. They always sounded great, looked great and their movies weren't bad neither.

The Wolf

Strider

One of the Regulars
Maybe it's just me, but I always thought Donna Reed was gorgeous. ;)

Regards,
Strider

El Jefe

New in Town
Hayworth.
O'Hara.
Made me feel all...funny inside when I watched their movies as a kid.
And one nobody else has mentioned, and I can't find a single decent photo (Root?) , but Katherine Grayson, like...holy moley...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff