Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Adele

One of the Regulars
The beauty in those days... how envious am I!

Regardless, hands down, I would have to pick Ms. Myrna Adele Williams. She really had it all.

Runner up, I would have to say is Ms. Irene Dunne. She could sing, she was gorgeous, and from the few things I have read, she was classy with great morals.

You know, while on the topic of fantastic ladies, once, I was watching this documentary on TCM about Marlene Dietrich, and I just remembered seeing this clip of hers, one that was from a home video or such, and all I could think was wow, how beautiful.

Now, there is also Anne Sheridan, Maureen O'Sullivan, Maureen O'Hara.... the list could go on, really. However, I don't know much about these gals.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Jobyna Ralston is another one. I heard she was really sweet too.

I think it's always nice when the beauty is both on the inside and outside.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Prairie Dog said:
Can't decide between these two sirens of the silver screen. Hubba Hubba!

Virginia Mayo
mayo67.jpg

Carol Landis
header.jpg

I'm also a Carole Landis fan.

CaroleLandis.jpg

CaroleLandis106.jpg

Bernard Newman

New in Town
I don't know the name of the golden era girl that I would pick. I don't even know how she looks like. Why? Because I wouldn't pick some filmstar, but some ordinary, next-door golden era girl.
Like those:
06_america_46.jpg
7D7D03D7-B21D-492E-9A16-
08_america_40.jpg

Adele

One of the Regulars
Bernard Newman said:
I don't know the name of the golden era girl that I would pick. I don't even know how she looks like. Why? Because I wouldn't pick some filmstar, but some ordinary, next-door golden era girl.
Like those:
06_america_46.jpg
7D7D03D7-B21D-492E-9A16-
08_america_40.jpg

They are beautiful! My favorite one has to be the first one, though.

Gosh darn gals of that era and their beauty! If only I could look as such.

nubsnubs

Familiar Face
Judy Garland

I dont know that she is my one top pick, but at first thought, Judy Garland comes to mind, at least in her role in The Wizard of Oz. Just a thought I wanted to throw out there.
Judy-Garland---The-Wizard-of-Oz-Photograph-C10103031.jpeg

10101559.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
nubsnubs said:
I dont know that she is my one top pick, but at first thought, Judy Garland comes to mind, at least in her role in The Wizard of Oz. Just a thought I wanted to throw out there.

Good choice! Judy's so beautiful in her early 1940's movies--especially the "But Not For Me" number in Girl Crazy and The Clock.

nubsnubs

Familiar Face
imoldfashioned said:
Good choice! Judy's so beautiful in her early 1940's movies--especially the "But Not For Me" number in Girl Crazy and The Clock.
I think she looks amazing in her 1930-1940's career. I dont know what it is,m but I am really attracted to her. However, as she aged, and as she lost a little weight and thinned out in the face, her look deteriorated. To see her at the end of her career, she hardly looks like the Judy I am so fond of. Regardless, it was a tragedy when the world lost her.

Jack Armstrong

Familiar Face
nubsnubs said:
I think she looks amazing in her 1930-1940's career. I dont know what it is,m but I am really attracted to her. However, as she aged, and as she lost a little weight and thinned out in the face, her look deteriorated. To see her at the end of her career, she hardly looks like the Judy I am so fond of. Regardless, it was a tragedy when the world lost her.

My feelings exactly, nub. It seems that the drugs and the booze got to her in a bad way. She was a real angel in her early years, but by the time she got to the Fifties, she was wearing her tragic life all over her body.

ThrashNeon

New in Town
The other Lake...

Great thread...

Impossible to choose just one, and since Harriette Lake was only mentioned once in passing in 23 pages...

Harriette Lake (a.k.a Ann Sothern):

85ohzes.jpg

80umm80.jpg

836a3pk.jpg

8e1icko.jpg

6srkyv7.jpg

87jvk9y.jpg

6ns85ue.jpg

8ezqh3s.jpg

8b79bg2.jpg

6oo7mmf.jpg

I just finished watching the 9 "Maisie" pictures shown on TCM last week, and hoo-boy...

My Mother the Car had a nice chassis.

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Kat

There are a ton of favorites but Katherine Hepburn... So smart, independent funny, and sexy... You know she would be a good partner wouldn't let you get away with anything...

KatherineHepburn.jpg

Chas

One Too Many
Ava Gardner. Three times a week, and twice on Sundays.
agardner652r.htm

Hedy Lamarr. Beauty and brains never so well combined. She had the most beautiful hair...
Hedy_Lamarr_William_Powell_1321r.htm

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Marlowe said:
There are a ton of favorites but Katherine Hepburn... So smart, independent funny, and sexy... You know she would be a good partner wouldn't let you get away with anything...

no kiddin', hell she threw all of Bogies liquor over the side of the the Queen...

there's no way i can choose ONE...but i'm going with my top 3(i think): Myrna, Bacall and Tierney...the three women i have surrounding me...daily...
Desk.jpg

postercollect

New in Town
Judy Garland & Christine McIntyre

I never thought of Judy Garland as hot until I saw 'The Clock'. Gorgeous eyes! I remember Christine well from the Three Stooges. Sexy & classy. Probably could have been as popular as Betty Grable if she had the breaks.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
What about Louise Brooks? I don't have a picture to post but Criterion released a great version of "Pandora's Box" this past year and I became a big fan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner