Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I Wasn't Vintage, I'd be...

Lillemor

One Too Many
Lauren said:
I don't see why we can't be into these other things and into vintage, too? [huh] I've got lots of things I like and dress like that aren't "vintage"

That's the understanding I took too and that's why I listed what would be left without the vintage of other things I am too. I am always a nerd though.

anon`

One Too Many
Fedord Spaniard said:
Cool man. Youre the only other self-described metal-head ive seen on here. Are you into the older metal/hard rock or the newer?
Glad to see the thread swerve into this territory! I never really have been vintage in the sense that the Lounge uses that term. So I get to continue on as myself: bass-playing, sword-and-buckler-fighting, music-collecting, geeked-out amateur historian metalhead. With a healthy dose of living history enthusiasm, for kicks ;)

Typical non-suit uniform are jeans (admittedly, 501 shrink-to-fits) with rolled cuffs, Doc ankle boots and one t-shirt or another proudly proclaiming allegiance to any one of the legion of (mostly folk metal) bands that make up my library.

So I guess you could say I'd still be my own slightly off-kilter self =)

Fedord Spaniard

One of the Regulars
anon` said:
Glad to see the thread swerve into this territory! I never really have been vintage in the sense that the Lounge uses that term. So I get to continue on as myself: bass-playing, sword-and-buckler-fighting, music-collecting, geeked-out amateur historian metalhead. With a healthy dose of living history enthusiasm, for kicks ;)

Typical non-suit uniform are jeans (admittedly, 501 shrink-to-fits) with rolled cuffs, Doc ankle boots and one t-shirt or another proudly proclaiming allegiance to any one of the legion of (mostly folk metal) bands that make up my library.

So I guess you could say I'd still be my own slightly off-kilter self =)

:) Cool. In the only way that i consider myself vintage, is that i wear suits and fedora hats. most of my moral and ethics are considered "old-fashioned" by todays standards, but thats about it for "vintage". A few years ago i looked like a typicical metal-head rocker, i had long black hair, wore jeans and a motorcycle jacket. Now, i look like a "suit"...in the way i dress now, its the opposite of the kinds of music and things im into. Just imagine a guy in a suit and fedora on a motorcycle..well thats me lol . Glad to see another Headbanger on here. Keep Rockin man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran