Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If only he'd clean up a little...

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
While looking at pictures of Stavros Niarchos III, I remembered his grandfather for whom he was named, the Greek shipping magnate that was also a rival to Aristotle Onassis:

So splendid, so attractive, so dapper:

NiarchosSpIllMagEng.jpg

Then, we have his grandson, who would really look much more handsome than he already is, if he'd only clean up a little. I do wonder what he'd look like in a suit.

God forbid he approached his grandfather's level of put-togetherness:

051115_paris_vmed_11a.jpg

Are there any modern "celebrities" (used very loosely) that you believe would look splendid if they had a little polishing?

L_H

Rosie

One Too Many
I had a HUGE crush on Dave Navarro all through college. :D Now, he looks greasy and grimey to me.

All of the "celebrities" that I pay any attention to already look pretty dapper. I'll have to think about this one.

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Roger said:
Who is Ramon Navarro?[huh]
Who is Dave Navarro?[huh]

Ramon Navarro was a silent movie star, who's most famous for his role in Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (1925). If I remember correctly he also made an attempt at becoming an opera singer. Ramon was the subject of some of George Hurrell's earliest work, which led Hurrell to meet Norma Shearer, the wife of Hollywood boy genius Irving Thalberg, which in turn started his career shooting all of the famous portraits we know today.

Ramon Navarro's star faded with the end of the silent era and he was beaten to death in 1968 by two youths during a home invasion.

David Navarro is a rock and roller who was in the bands 'Jane's Addiction' and 'Red Hot Chili Peppers'. IMDB.com says that Ramon was a close friend of Gabriel Navarro, the grandfather of David M. Navarro. Is anyone else confused, yet?

I'm not sure if there is any blood relationship between the two, since Ramon Navarro was reportedly gay and apperently didn't have a marriage of convenience as a cover.

book_lover

Familiar Face
I also wonder what the attraction is here..... he's absolutely minted, but then so is she!

Jude Law (one of our actors from Blighty) is ever so well groomed :) Can't think of any celebs that would do well to groom up off the top of my head, but may I nominate my husband? He'll never be big on wearing a suit, but he's a gardener and so wears scruffy clothes to work. But he's gotten into not caring about what he looks like most of the time - which I am trying to work on (his attitude that is) - with a very limited budget. Sigh.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Oh dear, my mistake. I was certain I had read of a family connection between Ramon and Dave Navarro. Not so!

Dave N. is the sort of guy a father dreads will date his daughter.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
skinnychik said:
dbb7da62-c0d6-4d1a-9cad-23e88e4f3923.jpg
Randall%20Hank%20Williams,%20Jr.%204-4-06.jpg

He once looked like THAT?

you have to remember that he fell off of a mountain and almost died...part of the facial hair is to cover up some pretty bad scars...

actually that is the first picture that i have ever seen hank willima jr without his glasses....

mark the shoeshine boy

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LizzieMaine said:
Johnny Depp.

Keep America Beautiful, Johnny -- get a haircut!!!

But he's fled America and been living in France for years and says he'll never come back. So I guess we should suggest he make France beautiful and get a haircut...and a shave...and a decent hat... ;)

book_lover

Familiar Face
Mike in Seattle said:
But he's fled America and been living in France for years and says he'll never come back. So I guess we should suggest he make France beautiful and get a haircut...and a shave...and a decent hat... ;)

Ah but Johnny wouldn't be Johnny if he was at all groomed! The French must despair though! He can be rather dapper though - in his own peculiar way.

And agreed about Jack Sparrow - after that film I kept subtly trying to organise a fancy dress party so I could get my hubby dressed up as a pirate lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany