Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could solve just one mystery....

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm... I coulda sworn I JUST saw or read that somewhere that they ( while there's no absolute proof) were pretty much all on board that it HAD to be him. I could be wrong, I am most of the time ;)

There was recently also a proclamation that JTR was a woman. Who knows!

No, you're not wrong...just many different experts believing it's a variety of different suspects.

X
BD

...No, the JTR case has not been solved. Many books have been written purporting the case is solved, all with different suspects! The evidence in those books is not conclusive (when there is any evidence presented). People omit a lot of evidence just to back up their wild theories!

X
BD
This was the problem with the 2007 movie Zodiac and the book it was based on. Robert Graysmith's theory about who Zodiac was has been discredited by both professional and amateur investigators because Graysmith "massaged" the facts to fit his theory rather than forming his theory based strictly on the facts. It makes for good storytelling, and I think it's a good movie, but many of Graysmith's conclusions are nothing more than a leap of faith.

Blackjack

One Too Many
My great-aunt Laura disappeared in 1938, no one in the family ever heard from her again. But whats really strange about it is when my wife Laura and I got married in 1989 she got a phone call from an old man asking if she was the Laura that lived in Des Plaines in the 1930's. When she said no but my family did he just hung up. The families guess always was she got pregnant by someone ( the mystery caller?) and took off because in those days that was frowned upon and this old guy was still looking for her...

My great-aunt Laura disappeared in 1938, no one in the family ever heard from her again. But whats really strange about it is when my wife Laura and I got married in 1989 she got a phone call from an old man asking if she was the Laura that lived in Des Plaines in the 1930's. When she said no but my family did he just hung up. The families guess always was she got pregnant by someone ( the mystery caller?) and took off because in those days that was frowned upon and this old guy was still looking for her...
Wow! This is a scary one! Back then you really could disappear without a trace. Now it is much harder with all the technology we have at hand now.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Here's ol' mysterious Laura back in like 1928
67778_1429151690924_4052787_n.jpg

celestial

Familiar Face
Thanks, James. The guy I know said that the "Tasmanian Tiger" was actually following him. And he also said that he's got no doubt in his mind that that's what it was.

[video=youtube;xv7fyMo-1Vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv7fyMo-1Vg[/video]

celestial

Familiar Face
Nah. Unless you were a small kid, and they were extremely hungry, I wouldn't say that there would be a threat. Not only were they extremely shy, but also they only fed on small prey. Although, like the Tasmanian Devil (which the Tasmanian Tiger is related to), I wouldn't recommend trying to pat one. ;)

The guy never told me that he thought he was being stalked or hunted. He said that the "Tasmanian Tiger" definitely kept its distance.

Nah. Unless you were a small kid, and they were extremely hungry, I wouldn't say that there would be a threat. Not only were they extremely shy, but also they only fed on small prey. Although, like the Tasmanian Devil (which the Tasmanian Tiger is related to), I wouldn't recommend trying to pat one. ;)

The guy never told me that he thought he was being stalked or hunted. He said that the "Tasmanian Tiger" definitely kept its distance.
It was waiting for him to make a mistake and then WHAM! Dinner is served. You have to watch out for the shy ones.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran