Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could solve just one mystery....

Story

I'll Lock Up
In 1940, 28 years after the Titanic went down, a woman named Helen Kramer appeared on a radio show claiming that she was Loraine Allison. She had an intricate story of being saved by the ship's designer and builder Thomas Andrews, who was also thought to have died on board. Kramer said she was raised in England before going to boarding school in the US.

For more than 50 years, Kramer adamantly lobbied the wealthy Allison family trying to prove that she was kin. But, for the most part, the family was skeptical of Kramer's claims and held her at arm's length.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57617466-76/dna-solves-one-of-the-titanics-oldest-mysteries/

I've listed so many...let's see...I'd like to solve the meaning of Stonehenge!

X
BD

It's a star gate for aliens. :p
222467d1358308422-ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-aliens-but-aliens.jpg

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Archaeological evidence unearthed on the Mediterranean islands of Santorini and Cyprus show that there was a rich, sophisticated trade network, a Bronze Age sea empire if you will, that was not known to exist until the 1970s.

There are interesting connections between this empire and Great Britain, including evidence of copper and tin mining and possibly connections to Stonehenge.

Archaeological evidence unearthed on the Mediterranean islands of Santorini and Cyprus show that there was a rich, sophisticated trade network, a Bronze Age sea empire if you will, that was not known to exist until the 1970s.

There are interesting connections between this empire and Great Britain, including evidence of copper and tin mining and possibly connections to Stonehenge.

The aliens left Santorini on their space ships after the cataclysm and flew to Britain. That would explain a lot…..:p

Nobert

Practically Family
My instinct is to say Jack Cole's suicide, but thinking about it, some things are probably better as mysteries. Sometimes the reasons are deprssingly mundane. Supposedly Hugh Hefner has a letter that would clear the whole thing up, but maybe I like the tantalizing aura that comes from not knowing.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
The truth will probably never be told about exactly how the tomb of King Tut was discovered, by whom, and what artifacts were removed before the official discovery. I would like to know the contents of certain books that Carter said he found, then later denied finding, saying they were only papyrus sandals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran