Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ikea shoe trees?

matei

One Too Many
Hello all,

Anyone have any experience with those shoe trees that Ikea offers?

omsgorg_shoetree_s1.jpg

matei

One Too Many
Interesting link - not a bad price.

What is the issue with the el cheapo ones? The shape/design - or the fact that one doesn't benefit from the effects of the cedar?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Personally I think I'd rather have something that fills the heel out fully, rather than pressing on one area.

Those Bexley ones look rather nice.

mikepara

Practically Family
You get what you pay for..

...they are OK for stopping canvas shoes, deck shoes etc from flattening but no use on hard decent shoes. Cheap as chips..better off packing your shoes with newspaper....or chips.

TwoToneDeuce

Suspended
matei said:
Interesting link - not a bad price.

What is the issue with the el cheapo ones? The shape/design - or the fact that one doesn't benefit from the effects of the cedar?

Shoe trees are made to hold the shape of your shoes and aid in drying them. The plastic ones will hold the toe shape but it will stretch the heel, because it pushes in one spot. THe shaped cedar ones creates a uniform pressure as well as aids in the drying process and keeps the shoe from smelling. If you are spending good money on shoes you want to put trees in, spend the money to get the best trees as they will most likely prolong the life of that pair of shoes and outlast several pair after that. Think of them as "investments" in your shoes.

-D

matei

One Too Many
... thanks guys.

I've noted that they do indeed focus the pressure on the heel, not my ideal solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran