Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Praise of Montecristis

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Well, it's that time of year again. Time to hang up the fur felt and put on the Panama. Daylight savings time brings longer and warmer days and is usually when I start wearing my Panama. This year is a little different, as those of us in Northern California have had record rains and it isn't letting up. But be that as it may, to me, the Montecristi Panama Hat is one of mankind's most beautiful creations. Each is a work of art. The unbelievably fine weave, the wonderful suppleness, the way it sits on your head, you hardly know it's there. A Montecristi is a joy to wear...KC

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I couldn't agree more. Just this weekend, I saw a fellow's vintage Optimo block hat, which was sold in Habana, by the way. Anyway, the weave was so ridiculously tight, I have never seen anything quite like it. If it wasn't so dirty, I would have paid him the $75 he wanted for it.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Panamabob said:
If it is a Montecrist, and as tight as you say, it is certainly worth more than $75.00 dirty or not!
That's true. I just didn't know how to clean it. After I read the post above, I searched The Lounge and read about how to clean it, so I may go back. :eusa_doh: :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot